Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Delayed texts
CRANK324

For the past few months, I have noticed that some messages that are sent to me as part of a group chat are either delayed or never received.  My friends are on different carriers and they are receiving the messages when I don't.  The latest example was two nights ago.  I have a Galaxy S6 edge and I was on my home Wi-Fi.  What is the deal?

0 Likes
Re: Delayed texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, what type of device do you have? Are the messages coming from the same type of device that you have?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it for you is to receive your text messages in a timely manner, CRANK324. What messaging application are you using? Are you having trouble with regular SMS text messages, or picture messages, in addition to group messages? Do you have trouble when your device is not connected to Wi-Fi?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
CRANK324

I have a Galaxy S6 edge.  My friend has an iPhone.  He's with AT&T.  I'm using Android messenger.  It's with sms and no issue that I can recall when not connected to Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sure we will figure this out Crank324. I am unfamiliar with Android messenger. Can you clarify how you got the app? Also do you have any issues with regular text messages? This will help me determine if it is a group message issue or all issues with text. 

Amber_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CRANK324

It's Google Messenger.  I got it from the google play store.  No issues with direct messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details, CRANK324. This is very helpful. From the information that we've gathered, we understand that you're not receiving group messages via this third-party application when you're at home on Wi-Fi.

To help us narrow down the issue at hand, we'd like to confirm if there are any specific issues with the home Wi-Fi connection or if there's a specific issue with the application itself. If you turn off Wi-Fi and try to receive a group message via this application, do you have the same experience? Have you tried using this application with any other Wi-Fi connections?

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes