Device Dollars
Lino21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to use $165 of Device Dollars for S21 Ultra. I called their sales team and after an hour on the phone she tells me there's a glitch in the system, I won't be able to finish it. So then I call the next day, and this time 2 representatives tell me they have to cancel the previous order to be able to help me out. Then after an hour on the phone, they tell me it will take 72 hours for my device dollars to come back to my account. 72 hours passed, and the money is not back in my account. I called customer service, who then transferred me to Verizon Rewards. Only for them to tell me that I don't get the money back in my account. Money can only be applied for bill credit and not device dollars again because it was "used". Even though I did not use the device dollars because the system didn't let the order to finish. And even though I was told 72 hours ago that I would get the money back, but now a new policy in place doesn't let that happen. How is that fair to anyone when the mistake was caused by them, not us, but yet we get punished for it. This absurd and horrible customer service, for creating a problem and not fixing it. Only way to receive the $165 is on the bill, which I don't need it there, I need it to upgrade to a new device. Never had an issue with Verizon but this is one I'll never forget. Ridiculous.

Labels (1)
Re: Device Dollars
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Lino21. We recognize your time is valuable and I can reassure you that this is not the experience we want when upgrading. I am saddened to hear about your experience with the Device Dollars. To ensure that we're on the same page, may I ask why the credit of $165 on your invoice would not work for you? Looking forward to hearing back. -Lorenzo

0 Likes
Lino21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because $165 were meant to be used for a device upgrade not for my bill. I don't need it in my bill, I needed it for getting a new device at a lower value, which is what device dollars is for. Why am I being punished for a glitch in the system not caused by me? Which is essentially what it is, and I couldn't even get a gift card with the money that Verizon lost, not me. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how nice it is to save money off the device each month, Lino21, however, I am afraid we are not able to apply the credit to the device payment agreement. We value your feedback and will share it with our leadership team. Was the $165.00 already applied to your account?-Greg

0 Likes
Lino21
Enthusiast - Level 2

You do understand that I can't use the money for a new device because y'all messed up? That's the main issue here that's not being addressed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lino21, thanks for the reply. We can always review the account. Sent you a Private Note. Please respond to that message. -Kevin

0 Likes
Bretyboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had and am now having the same issue I lost a tremendous amount of device dollars when one of Verizon's representatives were unable to complete my transaction for the phone I now have (Galaxy S21 Plus the third or fourth attempt they made to purchase it for me). I went through the same hoops and roundabout, scenario that you did and I'm still so angry at Verizon. I just attempted to talk to one of their representatives to make sure that what is left of the device dollars I have now built up again will not expire (as they indicate they will after 24 months) and surprise surprise there is nothing in the system that tells the representative or anyone when they were originally given to us. I'm sorry but it's a straight-up fraud.

0 Likes
Bretyboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Answer please.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes