Device software modified
LeviAnthony14

I opened my phone this morning to a notification from vz protect saying: device software modified. Device may be at risk. I'm on a new Samsung Galaxy s6.

Baseband version -g920vvru4cpc2

Build number-mmb29k.g920vvru4cpc2

Any help with interpreting this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Device software modified
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello LeviAnthony14. While I know it must have been a bit concerning, I hope to help you with your interpretation. The language used by the software update may hint at a problem, but that's one of the reasons for the update. It's a preventive measure. Have you noticed any issues with the device since the update to VZ Protect? If so, can you describe them here?

DionMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help LeviAnthony14. Lets work together and make sure your phone is functioning properly.

Did you recent update the software on your phone? I show you do have the most recent software on your phone. Are you having any specific issue with the phone since this update?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This is a false alarm and is actually an ad for Verizon Protect trying to get you to pay the premium price for the app and service.  This app should be removed or disabled ASAP.

0 Likes
Sunlovngirl77

Mine just did this a few mins ago. I clicked on the link, and nothing came up? Is my phone at risk?!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Did you read my response?

0 Likes