Disney Bundle prompted me for payment
danielle829
Enthusiast - Level 1

I traded in my phone for a new Samsung S22 Ultra. I was offered the Disney+ bundle for free for six months. When I tried to redeem the offer, I had to enter a method of payment. I was charged for the 13.99. My Verizon account shows that I activated the bundle, so it doesn't make sense I had to enter a form of payment, and I am being charged on my personal bank account. 

The email address matched, so that is not the issue. I want to be able to use my free trial, but it now seems I have a personal account with Disney+ set up, thanks to Verizon.

Not what I expected. 

Labels (1)
Re: Disney Bundle prompted me for payment
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, danielle829. I am sorry to hear you ran in to an issue activating your 6 month free Disney+ bundle. We are going to send you a Private Note to assist you further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
jared1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was there ever a successful resolution to this? I think I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes
danielle829
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did get a response through Disney. I gave them the Verizon reference number, and they helped me out over live chat.  It was the only way to get it resolved. Hope you have the same luck!

0 Likes
jared1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sadly, no. But thanks for letting me know! (Disney support looked up my reference number and couldn't find an active subscription.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jared1111.  We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further.

*Cassie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community, danielle829. We hope you have a fantastic day!

-George

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jared1111. We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are sending you another Private Note so that we can assist you further.

*Cassie

0 Likes
GolfWhiskey

Same issue here.. Just upgraded to ultra s22, upgraded plan, tried to add Disney plus and it's trying to make me pay via Google Play Store. 

Details: I assumed since it's a Verizon offer and D+ was already installed that I just needed to open D+ app and create an account. When it tried to make me pay, I looked up online how to active and did so through Verizon app. I used the same email address I had just created my account with. 

Now, the Disney+ account is still trying to make me finish the subscription process (by paying via Google Play), and the offer is "redeemed" at Verizon? 

How to fix? 

0 Likes
bson

Same issue for me . I spend multiple hours with both Verizon and Disney support and they were not able to resolve it. Never got my access to Disney+ to work as promised. this whole bundle seems like false advertising.

0 Likes