Dissatisfied Customer
Abe70

To whom it may concern,

Model # SCH-I545 GalaxyS4 white purchased from Verizon Wireless .  ( there was no listing above for this model number)

I am a first time buyer of this product and will now be my last.  I upgraded my phone after using my Iphone 4 for the last 3 years. I have never had a problem nor a mishap with my iphone4 ( in fact it is still in perfect condition and working order).

I switched to this phone since my son really wanted this one and Verizon was offering a special. I switched my phone on 4/19/2014 and on 4/28/2014 ( evening hours) the phone kept reading " charging paused due to temperature to low" . Yes Michigan is cold but not that cold. Next day, took phone to a Verizon Corp. Store told them my problem and  after salesperson back and forth tested phone they said " water damage" to battery.  Basically I was accused that this was my fault and a

"New" battery must be purchased. I wasn't pleased but purchased the battery and went back to work. Mind you.... My phone does not leave my purse during the day (7:30 am-5:30pm).   Started to head home and  the phone started  repeating same message again... " charging paused due to low temperature ) . So I returned to store and talked to same salesperson... Now he says the whole phone has had water damage.

I work in a customer base business as well and if the customer isn't HAPPY .....WE MAKE IT RIGHT!   How can you instantly assume customer is in the WRONG when the phone has been handled from many different people in the process of making the phone down to packing, delivery to having to go to the store to set phone up. AGAIN  IN 3 YEARS NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM WITH MY APPLE PRODUCT AND IN LESS THAN 10 days I'm being told or BASICALLY BLAMED for the mishandling of this phone ( because IM BEING TOLD THATS WHAT THIS STICKER SAYS)!!!!

I had my service switched back to my IPHONE, since I was EXTREMELY upset with how this situation was handled. I was told I would have to pay for a replacement phone. I told them " you can keep the phone". After being a loyal customer to Verizon for over 25 years  and was willing to try YOUR product. THIS WILL BE MY LAST!!!!!!!!!

DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER,

Abe70

this letter email has also been sent to Samsung...... VERIZON FOR "WANTING TO BE A CUSTOMER BASED COMPANY" YOU MAKE IT VERY DIFFICULT TO NOTIFY YOU OF PROBLEMS OR ISSUES! There is ABSOLUTELY NO PERFECT COMPANY IN THIS WORLD ....you need a way for your CUSTOMERS TO REACH OUT TO YOU! That is the only way to "FIX" and make YOUR COMPANY BETTER. Without your consumers there would be NO VERIZON!

0 Likes
Re: Dissatisfied Customer
Not applicable

Water damage can be caused by many methods. Putting a phone next to a window that temperatures fluctuate between hot and cold.

A phone being charged in the kitchen, a phone left out with the sun hitting it then having your air conditioning on etc. I know people that bring the phone into the bathroom while taking a shower. Steam is water.

Personally I think it was just a bad phone. However when Verizon says water damage it voids the manufacturer warranty. Unless you had additional insurance on the device you will get stuck paying for another one.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Abe70

This is a reply to Elector and VERIZON........

The phone was NEVER NEAR ANY WATER! I do not take the phone in the bathroom. in the less than 10 days of having this phone, it sits on a chair bedside as an Alarm clock, into purse ( which has no liquid) and then remains there the entire day since my job does not allow me to carry a phone. I really only use my phone for emailing, bill paying. My computer has been taken over by boys. I was looking for a upgrade for better camera, really is the only reason I switch. And this had a case ( no not an otter box/ or life proof case) but a case that is sold by Samsung for the galaxy 4 phones!  Sad part is Verizon could really careless but their customers because I have already received a response back from Samsung..... At least they want feedback from dissatisfied customers!!!!!

abe70

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You are correct. If a customer has EVER had a phone for a period of time without having any kind of damage to it, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for them to EVER have a phone and personally cause damage to it. What were they thinking?

Not applicable

I guess you did not read where I thought it was just a bad phone?

I am not accusing you. I pointed out different ways water damage happens.

If Verizon is saying water damage, then how did it get into the phone?

You may need to go to a Verizon wireless corporate store other than the store you went to and have them check it again.

Good Luck

0 Likes
f8lrebel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally agree with the Fact the Verizon needs a lesson in Customer Service. I have only been with Verizon for two months, I do not like my phone and so I tried to get on edge, and was told I was eligible and reps tried to help me sign uo. My internet went down due to storms and when I was able to get back to the transaction.by next day I was told that I was in not elibible There was not a promo that ended or any other change. I showed the second reps the chat transcript from the first Reps that said I was eligible and was walking me through the process. and its like too bad. I pay for 5 smart phones and If I had 1500 extra, I would pay for early cancellation just so I would no longer be associated with this company

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

F8lrebel,

Your story is certainly not the kind of service we ever want to have provided you! I'm sorry you've had to go through this but would like a chance to review options for a new phone. I've requested to follow you. Please follow me back and then use these steps http://vz.to/1cOOY6O to send me a message.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes