Re: Do I have to pay for the Visual Voicemail in order to get my voicemail notifcations?
Jobu642

Thanks for all your help.

I appreciate you.

Jp

0 Likes
Re: Do I have to pay for the Visual Voicemail in order to get my voicemail notifcations?
JeffreyRichman

I'm having the same problem.  I can call in to *86 and retrieve voicemails, but I don't receive any notification to tell me that there is a voicemail waiting to be heard.

I called *86 and tried to set notification on, per your suggestion above, but when I choose voicemail>Personal Options there is no Notification option given.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JeffreyRichman, we appreciate your efforts thus far. We're stepping in to help. Notifications for Visual Voice mail are automatically enabled on. When a caller leaves a voice mail, you will be prompted one time. There after, you will be required to tap the phone icon to access your voice mail inbox.

For more device support, click http://vz.to/1kDL3MI

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Basic voicemail is where you dial *86 but visual voicemail actually requires data to be enabled and saves the recording so that you can listen to the message from the phone without dialing in and you can save the recording and listen to it again anytime.

0 Likes
joonhyuk
Contributor - Level 1

Downloading the Google Voice app, you can view your voice messages for free.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

IF you have a Google Voice number.  The basic visual vm is free on most lines on verizon.

0 Likes