Do I have to pay for the Visual Voicemail in order to get my voicemail notifcations?
tbeeners

Do I have to pay for the Visual Voicemail in order to get my voicemail notifcations?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do I have to pay for the Visual Voicemail in order to get my voicemail notifcations?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you checking tbeeners. This is certainly odd, but we will continue to work on this. Please open your voicemail App. If you are prompted with the options to activate Visual Voicemail, simply Agree to the Terms & Conditions. Once you're in, select the 'Settings' icon on the top right. Then, scroll to 'Unsubscribe'; you will be promped to select "Cancel Subscription" and you will be reverted to Basic Voicemail. That's the option we want.

Then, call *86 to access your voicemail>Personal Options>Notification>ON. This should resolve the problem with Voicemail Notifications on your phone. Keep me posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Do I have to pay for the Visual Voicemail in order to get my voicemail notifcations?
Not applicable

basic visual voice mail is free.

0 Likes
tbeeners

then how do I get my notifications?

0 Likes
Jobu642

I am having the same problem too. The Verizon Visual Voice Mail icon fails to indicate any voice mail. I have to manually dial *86 to find out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tbeeners,

This is definitely odd, you can certainly get a notification for your basic voicemail on the notification bar at the top. Are have you confirmed callers are able to leave voicemail messages or are they having problems doing so? If so, please go to Settings>Voicemail; it will only ask to confirm you want to use voicemail service. Then, Select 'Use Notification Settings>enable it.

AdaS_VZW

0 Likes
tbeeners

AdaS_VZW,

I attempted to locate Voicemail within Settings and it is not coming up (see attached). Currently I am in a trial with the Visual Voicemail (after samsung update, it automatically signed me up).I have confirmed with others to see if they have left a voicemail and they have and I did not get the notifications. I tested the voicemail currently and the status stated that I have to continue to sign into Visual Voice Mail. I opted to Decline, and it still shows that I have to sign in to get my voicemail. I just want to get notifications without paying for it. Do I have to go through the Visual Voice Mail in order to get my notifications?

Screenshot_2014-10-02-14-21-06.png

0 Likes
Jobu642

Go to Settings/Applications/call/settings/ Scroll down to Voice Mail settings. Voice mail settings/voice mail number should be *86.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
tbeeners

I can get into Voicemail with no problem. The issue is not getting a notification on my screen showing that I have voicemail.

0 Likes
Jobu642

I had the same problem, however I played with it and I do now get the indications.

Just don't recall the settings I went through. If I come up with the solution I will let you know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you checking tbeeners. This is certainly odd, but we will continue to work on this. Please open your voicemail App. If you are prompted with the options to activate Visual Voicemail, simply Agree to the Terms & Conditions. Once you're in, select the 'Settings' icon on the top right. Then, scroll to 'Unsubscribe'; you will be promped to select "Cancel Subscription" and you will be reverted to Basic Voicemail. That's the option we want.

Then, call *86 to access your voicemail>Personal Options>Notification>ON. This should resolve the problem with Voicemail Notifications on your phone. Keep me posted.

AdaS_VZW

0 Likes