Do you have to use Bixby?
RevCrosby

I've had my Samsung 8+ for awhile.  I really like it except for Bixby.  When I attempt to use the voice feature on my apps (like the search feature on Google or  Pulse my messaging app), I always get Bixby.  How can I turn this off? 

0 Likes
Re: Do you have to use Bixby?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm disappointed to see you're unhappy with Bixby, RevCrosby. But I definitely want you to be able to customize your device how you'd like to use it. It’s possible to disable Bixby using the steps below:
1.Turn on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
2.Press the home screen for several seconds.
3.Then swipe left side and tap the toggle to turn off Bixby.
4.Next go back to the home screen and you’ll be finished.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RevCrosby

Sorry didn't work. Went in to my email application pressed the voice key  Bixby showed up. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that we take the proper steps for this, RevCrosby. Just to be sure, by voice key, you are not speaking about the Bixby Key, correct? You can actually disable this so Bixby Home will not open when clicked. You can find the steps for disabling the Bixby Key here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215395/

Thank you

HarleyE_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures other can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DNIP5484

Same problem here. Bixby is aggravating and I have no switch to turn off as RevCrosby. It does say there is an update to Bixby but I don't want it. To me just more bloatware.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DNIP5484, keeping your phone in order is certainly important. I would be glad to help get to the bottom of this. You noted you did not see the switch to turn it off. In review of the device specs, the switch being absent indicates you need to first update the Bixby version and then proceed to follow the steps above to turn off the switch. I understand you do not wish to update it but this will ensure you are able to access the switch to turn off Bixby successfully. Please reference this resource if needed to ensure you are able to update Bixby in no time.  http://spr.ly/6580Dmq2n

Jaime_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes