Does an SD card cause issues in the S5?
floridianfamily
Enthusiast - Level 2

Back in March I switched to Verizon and chose the S5.. The first few weeks everything was fine. I was an apple user prior , so it took a few weeks for me to really get comfortable navigating the phone. As the weeks pass, I have more and more trouble. Every time all of my apps update, it removes my wallpapers on my home screen as well as my lock screen. It deletes my facebook app off of my homescreen, sometimes from the phone entirely when my apps update as a group. It takes my messaging app, my camera, and a few other commonly used apps, 45 seconds to 2 minutes to open, the screen goes black and I just have to wait while it loads whatever app I am trying to use. The phone is often hot to the touch, and the battery will not last over night when fully charged. I have taken it in to the Verizon store several times, they finally replaced the phone. The replacement phone is far worse than the original. When I took my replacement phone in the latest guy at the store told me to remove my sd card, that they cause problems. Well, if that is indeed the case, the option of removable storage was one of the phones major selling points, as my iphone did not offer that. I'm pretty frustrated, and honestly wishing I would have just stuck with apple, I never had issues like these ever!! Does anyone else have problems like this? Did removing your sd card fix the problems? I have lost ALL faith in Samsung, and I am on the verge of losing all faith in Verizon. Don't sell me a product that is garbage and then not back it up and take care of your consumer!!! I tripled my ibill to get better service with Verizon. And I'm feeling twice as disappointed these days. Smiley Sad Help me!!

0 Likes
Re: Does an SD card cause issues in the S5? maybe I have a virus? or just a lemon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Floridianfamily,

Having a good working phone is important. I personally know how difficult it is to have a phone that does not operate as it should. When did this first start for you? Does this only occur with specific applications? Please advise we are here to help.

JasperMr_VZW
Follow us on TwitterVZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click th�Correc Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Does an SD card cause issues in the S5? maybe I have a virus? or just a lemon?
floridianfamily
Enthusiast - Level 2

This began months ago , I would say around June or july. It happens most with the message + app , as well as Facebook , my camera , my email . Basically all of the apps on my home screen . In addition to everything I listed in my original post , my photos show up as camera icons , and I usually have to re send them several times for them to go through and I can only send one at a time . The entire phone runs slow . I have 4gb of space currently . So it's not maxed out of storage either. I also purchased an SD card at best buy when I purchased the phone . I believe the SD card is also a Samsung product

0 Likes