Downloading Fox News app
PETLEE50

Up until about two weeks ago,  Fox News app worked fine with Galaxy 5.   When it stopped opening,  I uninstalled it then reinstalled it but it will not open.  Status is installed but will not open.  It does open at my sons house and at other locations.  I have ATT uverse internet but I do not see how that would have anything to do with it,  all other apps work fine.  Is this a Fox problem or Android problem?   Thanks for any help,  Peter

0 Likes
Re: Downloading Fox News app
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you able to visit the Fox News website from a computer or another mobile device on your AT&T U-Verse service? Does the application work correctly using your mobile data while at your home?

0 Likes
PETLEE50

I downloaded and opened Fox News to my Ipad Air with no problem at home

which uses ATT Uverse internet. I can also download and open app with my

PC at home using ATT Uverse. I was able to open the app on the Android

Verizon phone with mobile data if WiFi is turned off at home. I does

not open if WiFi is turned on at home. Just made a trip and was able to

open the app at hotel and other places that have WiFi. Something is going

on with Fox news and ATT Uverse apparently. Hopefully this helps. Thanks.

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 10:36 PM, smith6612 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure this gets resolved for you, PETLEE50. Thank you so much for providing us with those details. This could be an issue with your internet settings, both on your device or on your router. Since the application works with mobile data and with other Wi-Fi, it seems this could be a block on the firewall on your router. Have you tried reaching out to the application developer? Are any other applications experiencing the same issue? Do you have another Android device to test the application?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Tfb1112020

I have the same problem. I Fox News will not open up on my Samsung phone. It works on my computer just not on my phone

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Tfb1112020, we're sorry to read that you're having trouble with the Fox News application. We'd love to help you with this situation. Please tell us more. Does it make a difference if you're connected to Wi-Fi? Can you open the app or do you get an error? Have you tried uninstalling the app?  

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes