Dropped calls at home since early July 2021

Lived in my house since January 2019 and always had excellent service (zip code 31312).  I have a 4G Samsung bought new in Jan 2019.  Since early July 2021, I've been dropping calls and only a single bar in every room of my house.  This problem does not happen anywhere else but my home.  Full bars/perfect service at work.  Verizon tech support had me jump through all the usual "fixes", resets, etc., to no avail.  They finally suggested I switch to Wi-fi calling - didn't work, still drops calls and I can only get reception (and spotty at best) in a single location in my house.  No reception outside the house, either.  THIS JUST STARTED IN JULY, so it is not my phone.  I finally got a call from a Verizon rep and asked her point-blank if Verizon's work on its 5G network expansion was the cause, and if so when I could expect my normal service to resume.  No answer.  After 20+ years with Verizon, I will be visiting my local T-Mobile store this week.  I am done - not paying $100/month for my house to be a dead zone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls at home since early July 2021
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

89541, we appreciate you reaching out to us in regard to the issues you've been having in and out of your home, but rest assure that we want to do everything we can to help turn this around as we would never want to see you leave the Verizon family. Please be on the lookout for a Private Note, so that we can further assist you with your options to help enhance your services at your earliest convenience. -Kevin

0 Likes

Thanks.  Can't read your private note - only three lines show up and it doesn't scroll down.  Why can't you answer on this forum?

0 Likes
dbfields
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same exact issue with us. Same time frame as well. My husband and I both have iPhone 8’s, our son has a newer model. Everything worked beautifully, until mid July. Now, we have to sit in one spot inside our home, or the calls do not work. Whomever we are speaking to, cannot hear is, but we can hear them. We play the ‘Hello, can you hear me now?’ game, until we run back over the the couch, where they can finally hear us again. This was NEVER an issue. We are also looking to drop Verizon, because the rep in the store told is we just needed new phones, after she went through all the reset, update possible ‘fixes’. Nothing worked. We do NOT need new phones. The phones are not the issue, since our son has a newer one with same exact issues. Verizon will be losing us, and all 6 lines we have. We both work from home, and we cannot continue with this issue. 32003 zip code. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would like to look into your private connection. This is a public forum, so we would ask that you work with us in a Private Note to do so. Please send us a message there for further assistance.

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
AussieBill
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same thing has happened at my house. Verizon was always the best service in our neighborhood. Now, it’s a giant dead zone. My phone often shows no signal. Calls are dropped. It all started happening when 5G started rolling out. I have been a loyal Verizon customer for 13 years, but am seriously considering switching. My neighbors are all switching, too. It’s amazing you can destroy a strong brand with a poor product.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dbfields, we truly value having you as a long time Verizon customer. We would never want to see you go elsewhere. With that being said, we know the importance of reliable service. I know you mentioned having issues inside your home. What happens outside? Have you tried to use Wi-Fi Calling yet: https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

-Christine

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have excellent service. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private for assistance. *Melissa

0 Likes