Dropped calls/ static calls
Funsyzd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every since my phone last updated my calls drop constantly and when I am on a call the people I am speaking with sound muffled, staticky or like they are under water. After a minute or two call drops. It doesn't matter where I am at and it happens with every call now.  This never happened until phone did upgrade. 

What's going on? Someone said it could be the combination of 4 & 5g. 

I have a Galaxy S9+. 

Like I said I've never had any problems until last update. 

Getting sick of it. 

Labels (1)
Re: Dropped calls/ static calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sad to hear that your calls are dropping and the sound is muffled, Funsyzd. We are here to help.

We do want you to be aware that your phone does not connect to 5G, so this issue would not be related to the two types of signals. What is the signal type your phone is getting from us, as well as the signal strength. 

Are you having issues with any other service like texting or data access on your phone? Do you know if you have Advanced Calling turned On in the Settings of your phone? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216746/

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Funsyzd
Enthusiast - Level 1

My signal shows 4g all the time. Strength is usually 3 to  all bars. At times I'm not notified if text messages even though I have volume up. Advanced service is not on. Like I said I had NO issues until last software update and since then my phone has had a security update by Verizon. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you attempted calls with Advanced Calling turned on to allow for Voice over LTE? What ZIP Code are you experiencing issues?

JoshuaC_VZW

Jamerella
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same exact issue! I bought a new phone with Verizon and I’m sorry to say I regret it because I have nonstop dropped calls calls that sound like they are driving through mountains. When I watch movies I get the stalled internet circle. I have internet issues all the time ! I was working and my internet just completely stopped working ruined my entire night of work and they have no 24hr customer service. I have never been so disappointed with service 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have excellent data speeds. We'd like to see what's going on.*Melissa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance. *Melissa

0 Likes
Rayn26
Enthusiast - Level 1

I an having this problem on 3 Verizon cell phones. One brand new iPhone 12, an iPhone 8 Plus and a Google phone 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is the last thing we want you to experience, Rayn26. I know how essential it is to be able to use service without it dropping. When did this all start? Does it get better if you leave the area? Please tell me more. -Amber

0 Likes