Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,173 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Edit LED Notification Color
AKALARRYBIRD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Use Messages+ for my messaging app. Under customize, there is an option that allows you to change the LED color of the notification. With the oreo update, this feature is broken and takes you to a different setting. It does not allow you to change the color of the notification. Anyone know of another way to change the led color?

0 Likes
Re: Edit LED Notification Color
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, Akalarrybird. We understand the importance of managing your device. Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing? What's the make and model of your device?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The question was asked in the S8 and S8+ space so likely one of those two models.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

AKALARRYBIRD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on a Galaxy S8 using messages+.

https://ibb.co/fLHYjn

https://ibb.co/njY64n

There are screenshots of the issue .

Kellyrg81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue on my s9. The screen shots are the same for mine. I hope this is fixed soon because I miss this feature!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us, AKALarrybird. We appreciate the screenshots. Let's look further into this. Is your device damaged? Are you able to change the LED color on other applications? Is Messaging + updated under your App manager?

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kellyrg81-

Making sure the new software update doesn't affect your apps is important. Have you tried restarting your phone? Is the Verizon Message + up to date under Google Play?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kellyrg81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes the app is up to date and I have restarted and shut down my phone.  With the latest update a few days ago, the option to change the LED color is now gone.  I hope this is a glitch because this feature is the main reason I like to use Verizon Messages!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for the details and working with us Kellyrg81. Let's help you figure this out. Please reset the application with "Clear Cache", "Clear Data", and "Force Stop". Please test it and keep us posted. Here's the link: http://spr.ly/6581DX5bB.

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kellyrg81
Enthusiast - Level 2

That doesn't do anything. The option to change the LED color is still not there.