Email App Outbox Will Not Send
jlcox65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Version 6.0.01.11

Everything works but the outbox will not send. I have had zero issues until I updated the about about a week ago and now just realized that none of my emails ever left thinking this whole time they had gone.

I have not changed ANY server settings. I have only updated the app. How can I revert back or get this working.

Labels (1)
Re: Email App Outbox Will Not Send
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be worth removing the email account from the phone app and adding it back again to reset the server settings for the email address.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jlcox65, I understand how important it is for your outbox to be functioning correctly. We're here to help. Ann154 has made an excellent suggestion on removing and re-installing your email account. We are happy to give some direction. What email application are you using? What email domain do you use? (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail?).

Melissa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
rvaccare
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and removed the email account (a corporate account using Exchange Server), but it did not resolve the problem.  My personal email account works fine (a Comcast account).  This all happened after upgrading to version 6.0.01.11.

jlcox65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks,

I just deleted it and put installed again. Still no outbox messages sending. I can receive, move, sync.

I can use my gmail and it sends and all other accounts. I had zero issues until I updated the app.

Is there a way to revert back to a prior version of the email app?

jlcox65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Deleting the account did not work and putting it back in.. Just tried it. Is there a way to revert back to the old version? I had Zero issues until this update.

Thanks,

bearone21
Legend

when you deleted, then created the account, did you create manually or auto.....suggest "auto".

0 Likes
rvaccare
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both manual and auto, and neither worked.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jlcox65, thanks for keeping us updated. Once an application is updated, you're unable to revert back to the previous version. We recommend that you contact your host provider (Hotmail/Microsoft) to make sure your outgoing server information is correct. Because if you're able to receive emails without any problems but not send, there's a problem with the outgoing server settings. Does this provide clarity?

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

JPass

You certainly can roll back to the previous version.  **bleep** the three dots in the upper right corner and choose uninstall updates.  It will tell you if it is successful or not.   Once you have successfully uninstalled the updates you can create your Exchange/Corporate ActiveSync account again. You will then be able to send emails.  

Also you can update the email app again.  The currently available version is 6.0.00.63. Problematic version 6.0.01.11 is no longer available.  

0 Likes