Email Sync Deleted From Inbox After Download
edyee00

I have a Galaxy S5 and I have the email account setup to sync and download my email from my cable account.  The emails are reflected in my inbox on my phone; but after I download the email from the server to my Outlook on my pc, and deleted them from the server, my entire inbox on my phone is completely gone now.  How can I download the email to my phone and keep them there even though I download it to my pc and delete the emails from the server?  I used to have a Droid Bionic and I was able to download the email and it would stay on my phone email even though I later deleted them from the server.  I tried to unsync the email account but now it won't download any emails at all.  I hit refresh but it says the email sync is off, and no emails are downloaded.  Am I missing some setting?

0 Likes
Re: Email Sync Deleted From Inbox After Download
bearone21
Legend

uncheck the box "delete from server".

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the only way it stayed on your phone after deleting from outlook/server was if you weren't syncing between the 2.

as long as sync is off, refreshing does nothing.

i've gone the opposite way, deleting costco, walmart, etc from the phone, so i wouldn't have to scroll thru tons of emails on the phone, if i was only looking for a single email by not checking "leave a copy on server"....so i could look at costco, walmart, etc on the pc when i had more time.

sorry you're having problems.

0 Likes
edyee00

The "delete from server" is unchecked.  That is how the email was still on the server so I could later download it through Outlook on my pc.  But after the download I have Outlook delete it off the server.  That's when all the email on my phone disappears.  I have it setup on pop3 and not IMAP so the emails should still be on my phone.  If I turn off "sync" I can't get any emails downloaded even if it's manual refresh. 

0 Likes
padlam

This exact thing is now happening to me.  Is there no way to answer this?

Patsy

0 Likes