Email - Sync disabled - since 4.1.2 update
CoolGeorge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you lost your ability to sync your email accounts since the 4.1.2 update of your Verizon Galaxy S3?

I use the standard android email client which is tracking 3 email accounts(Hotmail, Gmail, and Icloud from apple.  Ever since the update, none of these accounts will sync.  All of the accounts display "sync disabled" in the settings area and I have not been able to start sync no matter what settings I have tried.  How many of you are experiencing the same problem?  Has anyone been able to fix the problem?  Please don't suggest the "factory reset" option as I have too many hours devoted to customizing this unit.

Edit 4-5:  MY BAD ! ! !  I must apologize for having made this post.  It was my error.  I completely forgot that there is an on/off toggle for the sync function on the notification screen.  I don't know if I inadvertently toggled it off or if the update set it to the off position but syncing sure doesn't work when it is shut off.  Unfortunately, this is a function that is not duplicated with another on/off button somewhere in the accounts area of the settings section.  I was looking in the wrong place.  Consider this problem solved.

Message was edited by: CoolGeorge

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email - Sync disabled - since 4.1.2 update
CoolGeorge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am replying to this response by email because I am currently unable to reply or log on using the forum. For two days now I have been getting an error number 310 when I try to logon to the forum. That error message is telling me that the webpage has a redirect loop. I reported this problem by the Verizon chat line yesterday but as of today it has not been resolved.

In the meantime, I want to report that I have resolved my issue by myself. I will post details on the forum at such time as I can logon.

George

Sent from my iPad

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you can't sync your e-mail accounts with your Galaxy since the update CoolGeorge. I would be extremely frustrated if my accounts weren't syncing. Let's get this fixed. When did you get the update on your phone? Do other apps sync on the phone? (Such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.) Please try removing the accounts from your phone, clear the memory, http://bit.ly/R0eeM7 , then restart the phone. Once this is completed, turn phone back on, download the accounts again, and try to sync. Let's see if this helps. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CoolGeorge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am replying to this response by email because I am currently unable to reply or log on using the forum. For two days now I have been getting an error number 310 when I try to logon to the forum. That error message is telling me that the webpage has a redirect loop. I reported this problem by the Verizon chat line yesterday but as of today it has not been resolved.

In the meantime, I want to report that I have resolved my issue by myself. I will post details on the forum at such time as I can logon.

George

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes