Email fails to consistently send email.
VKWALT87
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've looked in email settings for my work email and can't find anything that would cause my outgoing emails to stay in the outbox.  Sometimes they are sent, sometimes they are sent but delayed and sometimes they never are sent. Any ideas on why that might happen?

I can login to office 365 and paste the content in a new outgoing email and send it from there but the app is more convenient.

0 Likes
Re: Email fails to consistently send email.
bearone21
Legend

talk to your office it staff!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VKWALT87,

Being able to consistently count on your email is a big deal. Never knowing if that will work would be an issue for me as well. What happens on the phone when these emails don't send? Is there any sort of error message? Do the emails show up in your sent folder? What type of email is this?

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VKWALT87
Enthusiast - Level 2

When the email didn't send there's a picture of an envelope with an x on it in the upper left side of the phone. I go to the outbox and it says couldn't send.  Sometimes a tip will show up and say your email will send the next time you are connected to a network.  I am on Verizon's network - unlimited data-so that don't make sense- signal is showing up.

The email is the app on the samsung galaxy s8+ 5.0.03.6

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. Have you tried contacting your work's IT department in regards to this issue? Also, does it work when you are connected to WiFi?

Christian_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VKWALT87
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried it with wifi and don't see a difference. Yesterday 1 email got

sent from the outbox and 3 others I had to copy and paste into Microsoft

outlook.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 10:43 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VKWALT87, it's essential that we get this email issue solved. Do you have any problems with your internet connection when this happens? You said that you can login to Office 365 and send them, is this on your phone? If so, is this right after they fail to send?

Joel_VZW

0 Likes
VKWALT87
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is all on my phone.  It's a verizon data system through the school system.  I don't normally turn on wifi since the verizon phone data is sufficient. Office 365 is used immediately upon the email app failing,  which is 95% of the time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate that clarification VKWALT87. We know how important it is for others to receive your messages to them. Accordingly, we would recommend reaching out to your IT team to confirm the outbound server settings (server name, port and security) are correct and that something doesn't need to be updated via those settings. If everything is showing as correct via those outbound settings, you may want to remove and re-add that email account from a clean state. Please keep us posted with your results.

Ebony_VZW

0 Likes