Email won't forward or reply: "loading messages" spinning
RVPaperman
Enthusiast - Level 1

About a week ago the Email application on my Galaxy S5 which I use to view my two AOL email accounts stopped allowing me to forward or reply to an email .  When I hit forward I get a notice with a spinning circle informing me "Loading Messages."  That message never ends.  If I hit the back button, the message will go away allowing me to enter an email address for the forward, but then when I hit send, it puts a smaller message up at the bottom "Loading Messages" and will not send.

I took the phone to Verizon yesterday but they were no help.  They cleared out the email account and we reentered the info.  I have rebooted, tried safe mode (it still does it in safe mode), and about anything else I can think of.  No system updates have occurred since October.  Gmail app works fine.  I have been using it as an alternative.  Any ideas?  Verizon staff was no help...told me to buy a new phone.

Re: Email won't forward or reply: "loading messages" spinning
bearone21
Legend

it might be an aol issue!!

delete & re-create the account/s!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Is there another email app that you can try with one of the accounts and see if they work.

Is this happening  with data on or wifi or both?

0 Likes
BRIMCD97
Enthusiast - Level 1

RVParerman, I'm having the EXACT same issue.  I do not have AOL, so that's not the problem.  I'm actually connected through my company's server.  I have the issue whether on wifi or data.  I just noticed this problem today (12/15/17), but it's possible it began a couple of days ago.

I uninstalled/reinstalled  my email.  I also removed battery on my phone.  No luck in either case.

BRIMCD97
Enthusiast - Level 1

The app seems to have been the problem.  I downloaded Outlook Mail from the app store and it works fine. 

DELERI20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to the Verizon store with the same issue. They installed the Outlook app and retrieved my e-mail that way, and it seems to be working fine now for me. What a hassle though.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to be able to use your email while on the go, RVPaperman. Did you recently migrate from Verizon email to AOL mail? If so, please refer to these instructions for how to manually setup your email as an IMAP account on your phone: http://aol.it/2k7lBYb . You will find these steps in the second link under "Verizon Move to AOL Mail." Are you able to send and receive after setting up your account as IMAP?

I know we have assisted in store, thank you for allowing us the opportunity. As another option, there is an AOL app that will work for your email. You may also contact AOL email support directly here: http://aol.it/2BC9VGX if the issue persists. Does this help?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SJH55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having same issue with Note 4 and Microsoft and yahoo accounts, this problem recently started and I've had the same accounts for years.  Please note this is impacting my ability to communicate with my customers.

What is the resolution?

POWERHARP
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has NOTHING TO DO WITH
AOL.  I have the same problem on my Note 4 using the email app that is
[removed] me off.  BTW I wholesale clothing brands that all of you know and
that some of you are probably wearing right now.  I suspect that the cause
may be too many emails on the phone for the account (I will delete a bunch and
see if that makes a difference).  Mail from my other account on my
business server (ATT) went just fine.  Stay tuned.

As for Verizon "technical support" .....I try to avoid
them having found that they've been farming the calls out to Asurion's morons
who have no idea what they are doing and mostly just waste my time.  You
have to fight to get an EXPERIENCED Verizon employee.....I always ask if the
"tech" if they own an Android or if they're just looking at the help
instructions....

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
NE5N
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has nothing to do with AOL. I am on hotmail (hotmail.com and live.com) on Galaxy S5 using native email app provided on phone (not the native gmail app). A couple days ago the loading messages (and refusal to reply or forward) problem started. This is a Verizon and/or Android problem that just started, apparently for everyone on S5 with Verizon. It's time for Verizon to fix it. I don't want to switch to Outlook - I want to use what came with the phone. I know there are some knowledgeable Verizon people out there who can figure this out.

0 Likes