Emergency Alerts Not Working On Multiple Phones
RobboT514
Enthusiast - Level 1

Emergency Alerts are not working on a number of S7 phones that my company issued.

It is common to everyone's S7, they were all issued with 808 area codes but shipped to us from our home office in Maine.

Last Saturday with the accidental missile warning I noticed that my phone hadn't received the warning even though my wife's iPhone (also Verizon) did. I had noticed that I wasn't receiving weather alerts but honestly it didn't bother me. Not receiving a missile threat though, that bothered me.

When I told the story to my co-workers, they all confirmed that their personal phones (some iPhones, some Androids) had all received the alert but that our company phones (all S7's) did not.

I checked setting and we all have all alerts turned on and location is set to High accuracy.

Not sure what the issue is but based on searches here and my specific issue it seems like its not a small problem and it should be addressed.

Re: Emergency Alerts Not Working On Multiple Phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RobboT54, we can understand the importance of having your Emergency Alerts working on all devices. Are all the devices up to date on their software? Have you been able to receive alerts in the past regarding any emergencies or Amber Alerts?

KatieM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Wow one could only imagine what that kind of warning would be like until you get it.

You are right about your research about this problem. We live in tornado alley and

have the same problem with the alert warning. I don't think this has a simple solution

cause one phone that I have that isn't even activated gets the alerts  but our activated

S7 edges do not always get the alerts. I have asked about this on here several times

and have not gotten an answer that fits our phones. Not sure if there is an app or just a

network problem that is causing this problem but I hope that do find an answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping your family safe is one of our top priorities, and I can understand how important it is to get those emergency alerts on your mobile phones. There are a number of factors that are determined by Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) or Authorized Senders that contribute to which phone(s) receive an alert. You can find out more about the Wireless Emergency Alerts at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wireless-emergency-alerts-faqs/ , but I'd also like you to check the settings on your S7 or S7 Edge with the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203792/ to be sure your phone is optimized to receive any appropriate alerts. Just to be sure the Verizon Wireless service is working as well, are you able to access data or send and receive text messages around the times that you notice other devices receiving alerts? Has your Samsung device ever received any type of emergency alert in the past?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Like I said in my post that we do not always get the alerts. We have had this problem for more then 1 1/2 years since we owned these phones. I have gone down the list of things that were mentioned on here and have all the right settings on my phone.I just don't think there is a easy answer for this problem.

0 Likes
SBALLPLAYER014
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon keeps giving the same answer to everyone who has this problem on their S7. But apparently this isn't the solution so stop sending a link that does not help. And stop saying it's  FEMA this is definitely a Samsung S 7 and Edge problem from Verizon. Too dangerous of situations when you don't get alerts. Why doesn't Verizon check into it instead of giving us links and excuses? It's clearly a huge problem for a lot of people

gddeals
Enthusiast - Level 3

same here, no longer getting alerts. its dangerous and verizon seems to not care, they just keep blaming fema. fema did not sell me this phone.

qsofm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. Just tonight my husbands s6 received an emergency weather alert, but my s7 did not. I've checked all my emergency alert settings and everything is set to ON. I did install the most recent system update so I will update here if that helps, however, this seems to be an issue for a lot of people. Verizon should definitely address if they have not already.

MWTRKT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue since the update we received on our phone. I have Samsung 7 phone and do not receive any emergency alerts now. Have you found a resolution to this problem?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MWTRKT, we know the importance of getting Emergency Alerts. We always want to help in any way that we can. 

Please keep in mind that we do not send the Emergency Alerts, we just facilitate the messages from the Government Agency that does.

You can refer this to the manufacturer of the phone, since we see that this is happening with phones purchased from other carriers as well as unlocked versions of this model phone. 

Here is a link with more information about that service https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wireless-emergency-alerts-faqs/

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes