Enable FM Radio Verizon, all other carriers have it with their Samsung GS7's
Mezrein

Doubt it will help, but wanted to start a thread for everyone to add their comments and disappointments towards Verizon for being one of two carriers to not enable FM Radio on their Samsung GS7/Edge devices.

Supported Devices - NextRadio

I really regret my decision on dropping AT&T for Verizon for this one choice. I pay more a month for less data than I did with AT&T, and then to find out that what would be a great replacement for my lost data usage per month is something that they wont enable.

0 Likes
Re: Enable FM Radio Verizon, all other carriers have it with their Samsung GS7's
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung's fault for not paying the FCC for the certification if the hardware exists. Samsung's fault for not including the hardware if it is missing from the phone. How is it Verizon's fault when those two things are out of Verizon's control?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Enable FM Radio Verizon, all other carriers have it with their Samsung GS7's
Mezrein

Clearly you haven't done your research or even follow the link I posted that shows that not only does samsung s7 have the hardware, most carriers are already doing it with the exception of t-mobile which offers unlimited data for 50 bucks and Verizon which charges 60 bucks for 6gb

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prove the Verizon Wireless model has undergone the FCC certification for the FM radio. Samsung can't allow you to access the hardware if it means they will be fined for un-certified functions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mezrein

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=17201

Will you please stop defending them. Its getting rather old showing you over and over that Verizon is doing nothing more than [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] their customer base with their overpriced data packages and their refusal to enable the FM Radio chip because they know they cant take more money away from us by letting us use something that is public access.

s7cert.PNG

0 Likes
Mezrein

And if you need more, here's the FCC database link for the specific device that verizon gives to its customer base

FCC ID A3LSMG930US by Samsung Electronics Co Ltd for Multi-band GSM/EDGE/UMTS/CDMA/LTE Handset with ...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I will say this once more just like the HTC one. That's a generic test and it doesn't mean all of them are licensed to be used with FM radio. For example if you look at the HTC one m8 specifically for Verizon it has not been approved for FM radio. People keep showing the generic test and when you go and look at their specifics they actually showing the HTC one Mini on Sprint.

T-Mobile versions of the S7/Edge are not approved either and is currently going through the approval process as to why it says a later date.

Like I told everyone.  If Samsung made it a STANDARD feature then carriers couldn't move it and it would be against regulations. See Verizon, blackberry, and Bluetooth for more information. Of course here in the states manufacturers love it here because they can sell packages and carriers play along and they get none of the blame for delays.

0 Likes
Mezrein

The SM-G930V is the specifically for Verizon and the cert above is for that version..

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That is not full version. It's the same as the HTC One M8 and M9. Look those up those are generalization and not the full testing specific by models.

People in the am8 forum used the same argument and when they finally showed a specific variant it turned out to be the mini and not any Verizon specific model and the FCC approved when the FM radio software was completely removed.  FYI all updates have to go through the FCC for testing when any radio type things have changed and if they are approved for FM radio then the FCC would have stepped in. Just saying they are the ones who made that regulation AFTER the whole Blackberry mess.

0 Likes
Mezrein

Where is this specific variant information located?

0 Likes