Error 31 : Other network problem
akey

I suddenly can't send or receive texts from a family member and keep getting Error 31: Other network problem. I have a s9+ and the person i am trying to text has an iphone. We are on the same plan in same household and it is another family member. We have never had problems texting before. This problem just started occuring. I can still text anyone else in my contact list no mater what type of phone they have. i have totally deleted her from my contacts then removed and reinstalled my sim card and then tried to text her directly from my keypad. It still is giving me the Error 31 message. Can anyone help me figure out why this is still hapening? Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Error 31 : Other network problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not being able to send and receive text messages with your family member is a very urgent matter and I apologize for your inconvenience. I know how much I depend on my messages every day and rest assured we'll do everything we can to get this issue resolved. We've also noted your reference to receiving the "Error 31" notification and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've completed. Let's work together. How long has this been happening? May ask what messaging app you're using? (e.g. Verizon's Messages +, the messaging app included with your Samsung device, a third-party app, etc.) Have there been any recent changes with your device? (e.g. software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
amceinc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep seeing questions on this issue, so what is the answer?  I also can't get any support on this issue under Verizon Support.  So what is the problem here?  Why am I getting this Error 31 when replying back to a text from ONE person so far.  I am able to send text to others with no problem.  This just started this morning.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amceinc, I rely on text heavily, so I know how important that service is. We are here to assist. Are you able to call this person? Are you able to create a new message and send to this person rather than replying to an existing thread?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes