Error code:addr.vcnt
MEGHIC43

I have the Galaxy S8 and i cant reply to automated messages (doctor appointment reminders, bank account, etc.). I get Error code:addr.vcnt. How do i fix this??

0 Likes
Re: Error code:addr.vcnt
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MEGHIC43,

We definitely want to make sure your messages are working as they should and happy to help. Many automated messages will not require a reply or may be operated through numbers that do not accept replies. Do these numbers normally accept responses? If so, when was the first time you received the error? 

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GAYSLE65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have recently experienced the same issue. I have always been able to reply to short codes when needed. It happened the first time a couple months ago, but again on 5/18/18. This seems to be a known issue, but I haven't seen a satisfactory response from Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gaysle65, we know that these messages can indeed be important and want you to have the access that you need. Do you find that this error happens with messages from a particular party? Is the phone connected to Wi-Fi or Cellular data when this happens? Which messaging application do you use?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GAYSLE65, we want you to be able to reply to your messages as needed. It’s a concern that you’ve come across this issue twice now. Our goal is to get you back on track with your messages. We’d like to gather some additional details in order to do so.

May we ask if this is still a recurring issue since 5/18/18? Do you have this result with one particular short code or multiple short codes? Can you please confirm the make/model of your device as well as the specific messaging application that you’re using when you come across this error?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GAYSLE65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am still having this issue with multiple short codes. I have a Samsung Galaxy 7S Edge and I am using the messaging app that came with the phone.  I switched it to the Verizon app just to see what would happen and I received the same error message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GAYSLE65,

We apologize for the trouble you are having for this length of time. We are not giving up. Can you tell us the error message you are receiving? Are there any short codes that do work? Are they all the same error message?

Jenelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes