Error message: Start Up Failed..
arliicchiiae

I had my phone plugged into my computer trying to recover deleted text messages.  Everything was fine and then all of a sudden the phone screen went blue and had an error message that said: Start Up Failed. Use Verizon Repair Assistant on your computer.  I tried to do that, but my computer wouldn't open the file. It said I need WinZip.  Is there another way to fix this?

I also tried to call the Verizon customer service number from a friend's phone which gave me an automated message to call a DIFFERENT number, which ended up being Tracfone/StraightTalk.  So, I looked up a different number for Verizon and tried to call it, and it gave me an automated message that said I'm not a Verizon customer so essentially they can't help me, and it hung up.  VERY terrible customer service.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: Error message: Start Up Failed..
kathy65793
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
Re: Error message: Start Up Failed..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

arliicchiiae, I recognize the value of your deleted text messages. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced challenges trying to reach a Verizon representative, but the good news is that help is here and you've come to the right place for assistance. I have sent you a Private Message in order to contact you directly. Please check your inbox.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes