Ever since the latest update on my GS6, it is SLOW
SCHRAMAJ

It is so slow now that I literally want to throw it.  This phone cost $900.  I have bought cars for less than $900.  You would think that a $900 phone would still perform less than 2 years into it's lifespan.  It was PERFECT up until the latest Nougat update.  Now it is incredibly slow.  I have to constantly do the "cleanmaster" to clean junk files.  Only immediately after that is it's performance acceptable.  5-10 minutes later, it SUCKS again.  I am seriously considering switching to AT&T and getting an iPhone after this.  I've had it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ever since the latest update on my GS6, it is SLOW
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I know I sound like a broken record on here but if you clear the cache partition in recovery mode (volume up-power-home ) that will clear out all the old files from marshmallow and what ever was in the phone before the update. Did you check the settings in the play store to see if they are set to update only on wifi .If none of this helps after you clear the cache partition I would do a backup with smart switch or what ever you use to back your phone up and then do the factory reset. If you do the clear cache it will not mess up any of your settings it just clears all the old files out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've never heard of "cleanmaster". Could there be a rogue app or two that is slowing the phone down? Have you tried to factory default the phone?

0 Likes
SCHRAMAJ

I've had it installed since I first got the phone.  I had the same thought though, and uninstalled it.  It only made it worse.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm thinking that some other app(s) could be slowing the phone down. I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and to keep things as basic as possible, I disable many of the stock apps that come with the phone.

Do you have an Antivirus app installed? I installed Avast on both phones.

If all else fails, try a factory default.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SCHRAMAJ- we want to make sure your phone is working properly for you. We would love to troubleshoot your device. Is there any physical or water damage to the device? How much storage do you have on your phone? Can you please run a Device Health Check via My Verizon: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-201171/ ? Let us know what was detected.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jds925

Hello SCHRAMAJ,

I just want to let you know I've been having similar slowing down problems, nay FREEZE UP,  with my Galaxy S6 ever since I downloaded Nougat!! My email programs, especially Outlook, routinely freezes up! I've tried to find the silver bullet to fix this, but none of them deal with fixing Nougat! I think they may just want S6 owners to upgrade to latest smartphone models.

Hope we both find a truly win-win remedy to this infuriating problem!

0 Likes
LOSTBG

Verizon Staff....     Not only is the phone slower but it locks up and needs to be rebooted to release the lock and that update broke other things. The weather apps no longer auto update (unless the app is launched), I don't receive weather alerts (much needed during this season), my email doesn't update (unless the app is launched), FB Messenger doesn't update (unless the app is launched) so no widgets are working nor does auto sync. Please stop asking if our phones are damaged as they are not. If you are reading the posts, it started IMMEDIATELY after the install of the Nougat update. Please provide a fix or instructions on how to uninstall this update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the frustration with having a slow phone, jds925 and SCHRAMAJ. We want your phone to be blazing fast. The manufacturer designs software to be installed on a clear device. After a large software such as this, we encourage you to reset your device. This will clear any unnecessary files off of your device. Here are the steps http://spr.ly/65828lPTY.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I know I sound like a broken record on here but if you clear the cache partition in recovery mode (volume up-power-home ) that will clear out all the old files from marshmallow and what ever was in the phone before the update. Did you check the settings in the play store to see if they are set to update only on wifi .If none of this helps after you clear the cache partition I would do a backup with smart switch or what ever you use to back your phone up and then do the factory reset. If you do the clear cache it will not mess up any of your settings it just clears all the old files out.

0 Likes
LOSTBG

Clearing cache doesn't do a thing for this issue and trust me, I have done that many times and resetting isn't going to either. Plus are you going to 'refund' us for all on the data usage that will be used restoring our apps? I am thinking not. Resetting is not the answer (an excuse that is always used when you don't know what else to say), you need to get the programmers on it to see what they messed up and fix the issue they broke. Lack of testing on their part has caused TONS of headaches for all of us and you.

0 Likes