Exchange email push notification no longer working after last software update
swilliams1049

Since the last software update on February 28, 2017, push notifications on my exchange account appears to no longer be working regularly.  Emails come in anywhere from a couple minutes to 5 hours later.  This is occurring only for samsung s5 users within our company that installed the last software update.  Those who haven't done the update are not having issues.  I have spoken with Verizon and Samsung, we have checked our company server setting and even completely reset a couple of the phones.  I am not seeing this issue reported at Verizon or Samsung, however I did notice that reviews on several third party email apps are all commenting on similar issues with these push notifications.  Can someone please look into this and help us find a solution other than manually forcing a send/receive/sync all day every day, which causes battery to also drain faster?

0 Likes
Re: Exchange email push notification no longer working after last software update
wlp2709
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using a Galaxy S7 and I LOATHE the email app! I have a personal exchange server account along with the mandatory GMAIL account and one other.

Everything is fine UNTIL I delete message(s) on my phone! When I do that, the phone dips down into the exchange server and pulls up a number of messages that matches the number deleted and then notifies me I have new unread mail; Unfortunately, ALL the mail it notifies me about is already marked "READ" on my exchange server (SMTP protocol only).  This wastes time and resources and is extremely annoying!

Is there any way to stop this apart from removing the exchange account altogether?

0 Likes