FATHER'S DAY Free Samsung Smart TV offer
CoolAsColorado

Waiting........use the "tracker".  Good to go Aug 1, I realize it says wait 30 days for delivery but wondering if ANYONE has gotten theirs?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FATHER'S DAY Free Samsung Smart TV offer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeffro1010-

I know that waiting 13 weeks for a promotion is frustrating and frankly unacceptable. I want to make sure that we are doing everything we can to ensure that you receive your TV as soon as possible. The promotion with the TV's are being handled by Samsung directly, so at this time, I do recommend reaching out with them at: 844-384-1954. Please know that if there was more that I could do on my end, I would help you in a heartbeat. Howevrer, I'm not able to see into their systems or provide you any additional updates. Please let me know how it goes when you try to call that number, I will eagerly be standing by.

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Jeffro1010

I purchased these day one, June 1st, and submitted for rebate the same day. I received confirmation email of receipt on the first as well. I received another email with the same information on the 6th of June. It feels as if this was to delay confirmation of receipt. On July 25th I received an email saying that my submission was invalid, and to contact Verizon right away. Upon contacting them, I was put on hold, providing no additional information to validate. The agent returned to the line and said that everything was fine and I could refresh my search and status would go back to pending. It validated the same day. I was told the next communication would be shipping confirmation, and that should be with 15 days. I've made several calls to agents in the rebate center because these expecting have not been met. The last call, the agent said that because of the popularity of this rebate, Samsung was taking up to 6 weeks to ship the TVs. Monday the 5th of Sept. will be 6 weeks from validation, and it's been over 13 weeks from submission. I'm pretty disappointed...

0 Likes
CoolAsColorado

Yesterday I called VZ and wasdirected to call Samsung at 844-384-1954.  Started out with 35 calls ahead of me.  VZ rep said they could provide ship date.  Over an hour on hold, I was #13 and my infant grandson disconnected the call.

FYI - I also went invalid 2X.  I do not submit incomplete things and it was a tedious process.  I did mine on 6/16.

Going to try now and will post result.  Very disappointed as well - especially  with a $495/mo monthly billing.

0 Likes
CoolAsColorado

Screenshot_2016-09-02-10-48-59.png                                                               Worth the 70 min wait....only 23 ahead of me today.  I actually got a tracking # and it should be here on Tuesday.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeffro1010-

I know that waiting 13 weeks for a promotion is frustrating and frankly unacceptable. I want to make sure that we are doing everything we can to ensure that you receive your TV as soon as possible. The promotion with the TV's are being handled by Samsung directly, so at this time, I do recommend reaching out with them at: 844-384-1954. Please know that if there was more that I could do on my end, I would help you in a heartbeat. Howevrer, I'm not able to see into their systems or provide you any additional updates. Please let me know how it goes when you try to call that number, I will eagerly be standing by.

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

BONFAM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same experience with this fraudulent rebate promotion process. I submitted all of my information on June 10th and was initially told the entire process would take 6-8 weeks to fufill the offer. On several different occasions I checked on my progress several times to find my status changed from valid to invalid. Each time I called the rebate center to inquire I was told more info was needed. I had to constantly  the rebate center reps that I had already provided the requested documents on at least 4 different occasion. During my various calls, the timeline for receipt of my tv went from 4-6 weeks, 8-10 weeks, and then ultimately 10-12 weeks. On my call last week, I was given the phone number for Samsung at 844-384-1954. I spoke with a Samsung representative, who told me I was given wrong information by Verizon. My tv which was supposed to be here on Wednesday would not arrive as told , and it would be 8-12 weeks from my approval date back in early August. The rep went on to tell me that I should receive the tv in either October or November, which would be 5-6 months. This is totally unacceptable. At this point, I am disgusted by both Samsung and Verizon Wireles, and I am ready to cancel all 6 lines, my Verizon Fios,and my Verizon landline. I have been a customer of VZW for 19 years, Verizon landline for 33 years, and Fios since it came to my town. Now I also do not want the Samsung J5200 series smart tv which is now very obsolete and has dropped in price from $1199-499. Samsung should upgrade all of us impacted to a comparable 4K smart tv.

This is whole program has been handled poorly by both parties. VZW seems to be washing their hands of the proces, and Samsung is throwing VZW under the bus. I have a house full of Samsung electronics. Both companies should be doing all they can to make this right for their respective customers.

i will be contacting Consumer Affairs about this promotion.