FYI on the Samsung Galaxy S8/ S8 VR Promo advertised here from Verizon ...
PUKCITS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Pre-purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8+ on April 1st, In part because of the VR Promo. But mostly because my current LG G3 is old and acting up. I heard about the S8 back in December so I put off repairing the G3 or getting a new phone until it's release and see what it was looking like as a final product. I liked what I saw when they released the info and when I saw the VR promo deal, I jumped at the deal because it seemed well worth it.

So after the purchase, I tried to register for the VR promo. After a couple hr's researching here on VZW and on Samsung, as well as chatting with VZW CS, I discovered that Samsung wasn't opening up the Pre-order link on the VR gear till today.

So I get home from work today, head to Samsung to look for the link and again, it's not there. After another 2+ hrs try'n to figure it all out, reading all the post's in the forums and then 3 calls to Samsung support that I drove a bulldozer through, I received the following info.

You have to physically have the phone for the IMEI and Mac address to complete registration. Even when they do add the Pre-order link on the VR promo page ( they are frantically try'n to get it working right now ) and when you do add the info from the pre-order, you'll still be missing the IMEI and Mac address off of the phone itself, which means VR pre-order will be incomplete and you will be unable to process the order until you have that information.

Which means we will have to wait till the 21st before they can order (or Pre-order, depending on how you look at it ) which ever gear you want and then you will have to wait another 6 to 8 weeks before the VR gear arrives at your door step. BUT you don't get the free or discounted gear if you DON'T pre-order by the 21st.

On top of all this, in mmy documents and receipts page, I have a contract for 2 of the S8+'s but with the same number

Frankly, I am very, VERY discouraged by this entire experience.

Re: FYI on the Samsung Galaxy S8/ S8 VR Promo advertised here from Verizon ...
TafferDawg
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Well if they agreed to let you have it just for pre-ordering the phone, you could then cancel your order and get the free gear.  When I ordered the phone it was pretty clear I couldn't register for the offer until I received the phone. 

0 Likes
E5Destroyer
Contributor - Level 1

Tarun V: Our Infinitely Immersive promotion website has not yet opened for registrations.  In order to register, consumers need both a photo of their receipt and device identification information that is only available once you have received your device.  Please return to the site for registration when you have received your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+.

Tarun V: https://samsungpromotions.com/

Convo I just got from SAMSUNG LIVE SUPPORT!!

0 Likes
Biscuit347
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's kind of how it works. You have to have the proof you purchased it and it's in your possession. I did the promo for a gear s2 when the s7 came out and had to do everything you're cute you required to do  that's just how it works. You pre order, once you receive it you send in the information. Basically proof of purchase. Not sure why you're so upset.

0 Likes
Irishwolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to FedEx tracking, My S8 is supposed to be delivered by tomorrow, so will have plenty of time to register it and request my free VR Gear.

0 Likes
CntryGyNSD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes that's how all Samsung promos work but I admit it's not 100% obvious. You need the information off the physical phone to get the promo. Good news it's coming soon!

0 Likes
Biscuit347
Enthusiast - Level 2

All I can say is make sure you put it in as sooo as you get all the info. And stay patient. It took a long time for anything to happen once it was submitted. It was weeks before it was even accepted. Don't get frustrated. Its an extremely slow process.

0 Likes
BRAVOG77

I got the s8+ delivered today. Just registered for the promo through the samsung shop app. You don't really need the IMEI or Mac address. You just send a picture of the paper receipt that comes in the phone(don't use the option to take a picture within the app, it is terribly distorted and unreadable).

Hopefully yours comes soon, this phone is awesome!

0 Likes
Sis986e

I got the Samsung S8 in the mail today. My problem is I can't find anywhere on Samsung Shop to register it. Just the option to preorder the phone. Am i missing something??

0 Likes