Re: FYI on the Samsung Galaxy S8/ S8 VR Promo advertised here from Verizon ...
compusion

So  I get registered for the Samsung Promo today around noon and already the promo with the extra stuff from Samsung is sold out.  Bummer.  That's part of the reason I bought the new s8+ is to get the complete promo offering.

disappointed  ...

0 Likes
SNOWANGEL9778

I pre-ordered my S8 on March 30th. I tried to register on the Samsung website and it is stating that my info is wrong. So I tried on the Samsung App. It states wrong partner id. Did anyone else have this issue? I waited 2 hours on hold last night and had to disconnect do to needing to head to work. I am calling again today and yet on hold again for almost 2 hours

0 Likes
EWIEBEL

I preordered the S8 last week and finally got mine an hour ago.  I can't get it activated and went on the samsung website to register and it was all out.  The VR item was a big reason that I chose this phone over several others I was considering.  Very disappointed in both Samsung and Verizon at the moment.  I am half considering to send the phone back and go back to my old phone.

0 Likes
V_123

And now as a final dissapointment, most who have received their device  as of the 20th and 21st are u able to register/redeem for the VR bundle promo as it has been sold out. Samsung did a number on us, seems like the only consumers who were able to enjoy this bundle are those who purchased the device directly from Samsung as they were the only ones allowed to pay and register at time of purchase.  Everyone else had to wait for their device to be delivered. How is this fair? I purchased 2 devices just because of this bundle.  I am seriously thinking about returning both devices and switching to iPhone. Sad and extremely disappointed

0 Likes
JOEK1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

is it just me?? or does it seem like the "edge" isnt all that much edgy???  seens like theres barely an edge on it... just very slightly.... i feel like the note series had more of a curve to there edges

0 Likes
Johnnywishbone

Picked up my S8+ from Best Buy on the 21st. By the time I got home and navigated through Samsung's clunky redemption site the $99  bundle was "sold out".  Totally ridiculous.  That bundle was one of the reasons I preordered this device.  To have it not available anymore on the very first day the phone is released is total [Removed].  Samsung should be ashamed of themselves.  This is a total bait and switch.  I feel BestBuy and Verizon helped facilitate this sham by pushing out the ads and having their sales force state the phone comes with the promo when in fact there were apparently only a handful available.   They all need to do the right thing here and make good on their end of the deal.  I'll never pre order a device again.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
JERTAY51

[Removed]

As an update I was on hold yesterday (4/21) for a total of 3 1/2 hours.  Samsung picked up at 6:15 PM my time.  After requesting to speak to a supervisor 3 times I was forwarded to Lateefa who advised me they would forward my complaint to the next tier customer service and that I would receive an email within 48 hours. I ask how this would result in a different  response than last time.  Lateefa had no good answer for that one.  Now I understand Samsung is out of VR Gear... Very disappointed.  Someone is about to lose another customer.

duplicate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
BOZIE1321
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not only did Samsung do a number on us Verizon is letting it happen. Samsung pushed this promotion through all the carriers. If you ordered your phone through Samsung they had all your info which allowed their customers to have first go at the bundles 11 days before anyone got their phone from their carrier.

The $99 VR bundle was basically sold out on 4/21. Not only is this false advertising by Samsung but for all carriers including Verizon. If there is not a backorder promotion opened for us carrier preorders I will be sending my two S8 plus phones back to Verizon within the 14 day grace period and turning my old phones back on.

Biscuit347
Enthusiast - Level 2

All y'all complaining about them not having the *free promotion* items and threatening to go to iPhone are sad. It's a limited promo and it even says not guaranteed. Mine was accepted for the free and is under review and if I don't get it on well. It's not like I paid for it and they're taking the money and not sending me something. Don't ever buy anything for a pre order special and then cry when it sells out. It happens.

BOZIE1321
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't see anyone complaining about a free promotion. Pretty sure it's the $99 Vr bundle that you "pay for". And I don't think your following the real problem here.

Samsung preorder customers was able to fill out the forms for their $99 VR bundle on April 10 when the link went live because Samsung had their receipt in their system. That's 11 days before anybody that preordered through their carrier could get a shot on April 21. So this $99 bundle you "pay for" was sold out before carrier preorders was able to order because of no receipt in hand. 

So in short,  use reading comprehension before heading to your next forum.

0 Likes