Facebook keeps crashing
frog57
Enthusiast - Level 1

I installed the current security patch this morning.  Now, Facebook keeps crashing.  Ive cleared the cache, done a system clean,  uninstalled Facebook and reinstalled it, 8ve powered off and repowered my phone. It still crashes.  What has happened to cause this and how do i correct it?

Re: Facebook keeps crashing
DAVE_HICKMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue

Lilpantherpaw

Same here. Also, my maps is not working with GPS, my volumes are broken. This sucks!

0 Likes
Lilpantherpaw

Annnnnd...my battery is draining suoer fast.

0 Likes
DAVE_HICKMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI: you can use the 'Facebook Lite' until they figure out what they broke with this release.  It's not a great app or solution, but it appears to work ok....

0 Likes
Amyc814

Having the same problem.

0 Likes
PERMAT53

Having the same problem after System update today.

0 Likes
Amyc814

Right after I posted this went back and tried opening app again. Did the same thing that has been doing. Opening for a second then closing with the message close app or send feedback. Chose close app again. Then I opened Facebook again and now it works. Weird it started working right after I posted comment.

0 Likes
PERMAT53

I had the same issue after the System update today.  I went to the app manager and did a force-stop on the facebook app, then went to the Google Play Store and updated the facebook app, and that seems to have solved the problem.

0 Likes
DAVE_HICKMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine seems to be working now also....strange..

0 Likes