False phone mail indications going in and out of cell service
DannoVZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

When ever my phone moves to an area that is outside of cell service and returns into it I get a voice mail indication that is false. The indication cannot be cleared by calling voice mail because Verizon voicemail does not have a voicemail for me. I have to use my wife's phone to create voice mail to delete the indication because Verizon voice mail does not know of any voicemail for my number. This is a genuine nuisance. This does not happen on my wife's Galaxy S7. It only happens on my Galaxy S8.

The phone is kept up to date.

0 Likes
Re: False phone mail indications going in and out of cell service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DannoVZ,

We can imagine how frustrating it would be to receive unnecessary notifications and we're happy to help. What do you mean by "Verizon voicemail does not have a voicemail for me"? Do you mean to state that you have removed your voicemail feature?

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a false notification that you're unable to clear can be very annoying DannoVZ. I'm sorry you have to go through so much trouble to clear it but we are here to help with some steps to get this issue resolved. How long have you had this issue? Did is start after one of your software updates. We may need to remove the voice mail feature from your account temporarily and add it back as if it was new. I will send you a private message to get started with this process. We look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Kinquana_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DannoVZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I mean by no voicemail, is that the indicator for voicemail becomes active on my phone. When I call voicemail there is no voicemail waiting for me. So the indicator comes on for no reason. This has been happening as long as I can remember. It finally "got under my skin" up in Alaska while driving around. We left service areas frequently due to the mountainous areas and the lack of cell service.
Before we get into debug do you have suggestions for conveniently reproducing this? I need to have the phone think there is no cell service without altering software etc..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DannoVZ, 

Thanks so much for clarifying the issue for us. We do want to get down to the bottom of what's going on so that we can help to stop the misleading voicemail notifications. To answer your question, there really isn't a way to force the phone into 'no service'. However, you can turn on Airplane Mode(Settings > Connections > Airplane Mode), which disables the network connection, then turn Airplane Mode back on to see if the notification pops up. Just so we can ensure we have as much information as possible, are you using visual voicemail on your device? When did you notice this issue began? 

Shawnte_VZW

0 Likes
DannoVZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not using visual voicemail. I tried putting the phone in a Faraday box. I called it, and it did not answer. I removed it from the container and there was no indication of voicemail. It quietly reconnected to service. I then put it into airplane mode and took it out. No joy. So this problem is difficult to reproduce. It could be related to roaming while going in and out of service.
Without a means to reproduce this I doubt this problem will get to resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DannoVZ Being able to receive voicemails are important. Since the problem is random, we'll depend on you to notify us of specific details so we can help you pinpoint the problem. Are you in certain areas or building when voice messages do not work properly? Does this happen during a certain time of day? Have there been any recent changes to the phone including software? 

Sherita_VZW

0 Likes