Feeling really stupid...but how do I get the pictures OFF my phone onto my computer?
cc56570
Enthusiast - Level 1

POssibly stupid question...but I cant figure out how to get pictures I've taken with my phone camera OFF my phone & transfer to my computer..HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Feeling really stupid...but how do I get the pictures OFF my phone onto my computer?
android_wiz
Contributor - Level 1

Once you plug the phone into the computer you should see something pop up that looks simular to a flash drive being inserted and you then open file and go thru the folders you should find them under Cam or DMCI or DCIM

0 Likes
Re: Feeling really stupid...but how do I get the pictures OFF my phone onto my computer?
cc56570
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's what I thought I should be able to do but it's not showing up on my computer.  At least I know I'm doing what I should be. Smiley Happy

Feeling really stupid...but how do I get the pictures OFF my phone onto my computer?
android_wiz
Contributor - Level 1

you may have to do what my gf had to do with her phone you might have to call samsung and install a driver takes like 3 min

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The SIII is a little different from older android phones, you need to choose from MTP (media transfer protocol, for music, video, etc.) or PTP (photo transfer protocol, for pictures, basically causes your computer to see your phone as a camera). You should be able to change the default in the phone settings, or you can do it from the notification when you connect your phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which operating system version is your computer running?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey cc56570!

No such thing as a silly question here. But I can tell you that by the time we're done, you're going to think making the transfer of pictures from your phone to your computer is as easy as can be.

For the Samsung Galaxy SIII, here's how you can make the transfer http://vz.to/QPNX4x . Please keep me updated on how it works!

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bbrosa1

Samsung galaxy s5

0 Likes