Fingerprint Sensor for Camera
nashcs

The fingerprint sensor is not working while in camera mode. It works to unlock my phone though. I have read and performed all of the troubleshooting recommendations including a factory reset and it still doesn't work. Can someone PLEASE help me or did I get a lemon?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fingerprint Sensor for Camera
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nashcs

S8

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry to hear your having problems with your S8, nashcs. Let's look into this together. Is the device damaged? What are you trying to use the fingerprint sensor for? Does it work when using the S Health application?

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nashcs, ensuring that your phone is working properly is key. Let’s dive into your concerns to see how we can help. Can you elaborate more on what’s going on when you encounter this issue? When you try to use the Fingerprint option while in camera mode, are you trying to unlock your phone?

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
nashcs

The only time the fingerprint sensor works properly is when I'm unlocking my phone or logging in via fingerprint to an app.

Nothing happens when I tap it in selfie camera mode & it doesn't detect it in S health either.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

What functions are you trying to perform with the fingerprint sensor in those apps?

I didnt think the fingerprint sensor would do much  for those apps except unlock so you can use them.

For S-Health most functionality seems tied instead to the heart rate sensor for vitals measurement. Similarly for the Camera where the heart rate sensor can snap a pic.

0 Likes