Flickering LTE Icon
bp1888

The LTE icon on the S7 started flickering on 6/22/19.  Before that happened, I tried to call my husband's S7, and when he answered, the call ended.  He tried to call me and when I answered, the call ended.  We tried several times to connect, but could not.  When I got home, I call my house land line and the same probled occured.  I tuerned the phone off and on, and the problem went away.

However, I am left with the LTE icon 'pinging' every few seconds; and a battery that drains much quicker than normal.

I would appreciate any help.  And, yes, the phone is up to date with system updates.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Flickering LTE Icon
Klue
Master - Level 1

If the problem is only with your phone and not your wife's, then try swapping the sim cards to see if the problem migrates to the other phone. Could be your sim card might be failing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It worries us to your device's battery is draining faster than normal after the LTE icon started flickering on 06/22/19, bp1888. The battery life on your device is very important, and we want to make sure any issues are addressed. It's our priority to ensure you have reliable service to call out, and we'll make sure this does not occur again. We have some questions to better assist. Were there any changes that occurred on your device prior to the flickering? Would it be possible for you to describe what occurs when the LTE flickers?  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
bp1888

It appears as if the phone is pinging the 4G constantly when I have it on WiFi.  If i turn off WiFi, then I use my Mobile Data too fast.  If I leave the WiFi connected, the battery drains.  This all started after the mysterious 'call ended' scenario where my phone would not connect or recieve a call without ending the call abruptly.  I restarted the phone, and that problem disappeared, but not the 4G icon flicks on and off as if the phone is pinging for a cell tower.  Thoughts?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing those additional details, bp1888. I know this is confusing and we are on the case. Klue had a good suggestion regarding swapping out the SIM cards to see if that makes any difference with this issue. Did you get a chance to try this out? What is the nearest cross streets and zip code where the issues are occurring?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
bp1888

I did not try to swap the SIM card, as my husband has the same phone.  we both bought the S7s at the same time.  His phone experiences the same issue, starting at the same time as mine.  So, we either eat up battary on WiFi, or eat up data on 4G.  When I am off WiFi, the battery lasts for approx 24 hours, on WiFi maybe 11-12 hours. I contacted our ISP and the router is working fine and does not have old devices attached.  What changed on or about 6/22 that affected both out GS7s?

0 Likes
bp1888

This issue is happening in zip 44143, near the intersection of SOM Center Road and Highland Rd.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that additional detail, bp1888. No issues are being reported for the multiple towers in the area referenced. As there has been no recent software updates to the S7 device, can you advise if there's been any recent updates to any apps on your phones (especially a common app that both you and husband use)? Also, can you advise if "Switch to mobile data" is off or on when going into Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > click on the 3 dots > Advanced > Switch to mobile data? Is there any new construction or changes going on in that neighborhood that you've noticed?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you turning off the cellular data connection when you are connected to Wi-Fi? Do you have the phone setup to allow switching to the cellular data when the Wi-Fi signal is weak?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bp1888

Forgive me, but I'm not sure what you are asking, Ann.  I do not have the phone set up to switch to Mobile if the WiFi signal is weak.  But I'm not sure what you mean about turning off the cellular data connection.  

0 Likes