Re: Free Gear S2 Watch?
Tidbits
Legend

When the dust settles I will say "I told you so"  There's more than that and Samsung already went on record.  People are just regurgitating the negative.  Have fun.

Tidbits
Legend

FYI how many times has a call center rep been wrong that right.  Especially when it comes to promos...

eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

True

0 Likes
DGP1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

And I will muddy the water even a wee bit more . . .

I inquired about the actual smartwatch device being offered in the promo, due to some misrepresented marketing, and received multiple "Hmm, I don't know" answers from most at Verizon (online and in stores).

The advance e-mail promotion we all received stated, "Gear S2 smartwatch ($349.99 value).

The verizonwireless.com site also states, "Gear S2 smartwatch ($349.99 value)" as well as "Gear S2 MSRP is $349.99

Gear S2 has a MSRP of $299.99, while the Gear S2 Classic has a MSRP of $349.99

The picture shown is clearly the regular Gear S2, but the higher value misrepresented is for the Gear S2 Classic.

The glossy Verizon flyer in the Sunday paper (3/13) announces "Gear S2. Save $100. Now $199.99 / Retail Price $299.99", which doesn't match the website or e-mail offer figures. [Right Hand, meet Left Hand]

Web sites for Samsung, Amazon, and Best Buy all list Gear S2 with retail price of $299.99, and the Gear S2 Classic with retail price of $349.99

A call to Verizon resulted in a response that the marketing error was due to misinformation from Samsung.

A call to Samsung resulted in a response that the marketing error was due to misinformation from Verizon.

Finger pointing can be very interesting . . .  and the consumer simply has to accept it.

I took the early upgrade offer and am really hoping that I was receive the smartwatch promotion item, but I know that I (and many others) may fall victim to "fine print". ((Sigh))

0 Likes
DGP1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've just now seen that Tidbits earlier addressed this . . . Sorry.

Thanks, Tidbits, for all the great info you've offered regarding this subject.  Greatly appreciated. : )

0 Likes
eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

s2 sold out 3-15   430pm.JPGDoesn;t really matter anymore-  especially for all those that pre-ordered feb 23 for silver s7 edge.....

0 Likes
Vulsker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked the status of mine today and it was changed to pending fulfillment. In the conditions it actually says something around the lines of no more than 35,000 S2's.

0 Likes
Srun23
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do you check the status?

0 Likes
tfeddern
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told by the Verizon rep that there were plenty of the s2 gear watches.  That's the only reason I went with Verizon again. Ordered online on 3/11, drove an hour today to pick up my Galaxy S7 Edge at Fed-Ex that arrived today, excited to fill out promo code once home--and the watch is sold out. Not a happy camper. I was deceived.  Any news about Verizon honoring their deal?

Tidbits
Legend

If they had 2M units, and then 4M units were sold there were plenty, but there were a lot more than Samsung had in supply.  It happens, and the reason why they have the rules and it always says while supplies last.

0 Likes