Re: Free Gear S2 Watch?
GregS221
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't mind rules but I do mind when verizon mentions nothing about limited numbers available or that Samsung is running the promotion.  Simply go to this site to redeem the offer.  The advertising by verizon is very misleading and is definitely false advertising.  If they mentioned  terms and conditions anywhere on the verizon site it would be a little easier to swallow but it appears to guarantee as long as you meet the terms of buying a S7 by 3/18 and submitting by 3/31. The site still says you can get a gear S2 and we all know that isnt the case.   I feel a class action lawsuit, unhappy customers, and complaints to the FTC (false advertising) and BBB coming on.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The rules say limited quantities and all the signage points to the tens and conditions. People had ample time to read them.

0 Likes
GregS221
Enthusiast - Level 2

You must read what you want and omit others that dont conform to your stance.  Read the Verizon press release and all advertisements on the Verizon site, you will find no reference to limits or terms.  The lack of such is shady business and lack of such is false advertising.  Check it out on the FTC site buddy and educate yourself.  And just so you know, I submitted in time and my gear S2 is pending fulfillment.  I feel for the masses who were given the false impression that there were no fine print issues if they met the terms listed on the Verizon site. There will be a fallout  regardless and Verizon will take the hit.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The press release still points to the terms and conditions, and everywhere you go points to the terms and conditions. IF you click on the links as it advertises to learn more it'll take you to Gear VR Offer - Welcome and what does it say there?  Sorry if I tend to check everything and know exactly what I am getting into...  Best of luck.  Even the FTC will do nothing to help you. You need to educate yourself.

Subject to terms and conditions. Additional restrictions apply. Click here for Offer Terms and Conditions. While supplies last. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Customers purchasing in-store or online from Costco, Sprint, Target, or Best Buy retail locations will be subject to terms and conditions outlined by the respective carrier or retailer for point of sale redemption and are therefore not eligible for redemption on SamsungPromotions.com.

0 Likes
Rockym
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's still not very fair.  If the promotion requires you to have the phone in hand, the quantities shouldn't be that limited.  And if they are going to offer a choice, don't limit either so everyone can get a chance to get one or the other.

I also just ordered my Edge and I will have it today but now I don't get to choose.  If I didn't need the phone in hand, and/or Verizon didn't redirect you to a Samsung site, I could have had the watch.  It was still available when I ordered.  Verizon could have set something up to register at the time you purchase the phone.

0 Likes
KEEPitREAL2

I feel absolutely deceived by this bait and switch.   No where on the Verizon website could I find this disclaimer that if you didnt get your phone from Fedex earlier enough on the first day orders were delivered that you would not get a watch.  How many did they have 3, maybe 4 watches.    I have absolutely no use for the VR.  

This is just wrong.

0 Likes
GregS221
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spineless and unable to critically think and examine things Tidbits.  You've really paid no attention to the totality of my comments. Enjoy a life of being pushed around and duped. I am retiring from this conversation.  [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] .

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can cry I am being loyal and whatever you want. If you felt deceived then why are you talking here and not taking it up with the FTC and not posting people on how about going through the same thing because apparently you are an expert in the matter. So fact of the matter your inaction is proof enough that you even doubt you have a solid case. If you knew anything about me I am far from loyalty. I told people various times loyalty is a marketing tool.

Best of luck to you. Remember failure to read doesn't mean the FTC will bail you out. Every advertising for the promo has a website you could have went to and you would have met with terms and conditions.

0 Likes
berlinlt2
Contributor - Level 1

The site opened 3-4 and I think the first phones arrived 3-7. I put my promotion in one 3-10 and it looks like it just ran out. So I would say a week is longer than I expected it would be

0 Likes
mmcglynn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon will lose a lot of customers for this. And rightfully so. (me being one of them). They shouldn't have signed on to do this promotion if they weren't going to have a way to properly track quantities available. Most verizon customer service reps don't even know the watches are so;d out so they just keep saying "yeah, you can get the watch deal until the 18th." According to one post I read, the promoter just started checking through submissions from preorders so chances are, those people saying their submissions went through a few day ago probably STILL won't get a watch and those who preordered a back ordered phone are just [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] Verizon really [removed] on this one. Hopefully there's a backlash from customers that actually has an affect. I returned my phone and will be switching to a different carrier.

0 Likes