Re: Free Gear S2 Watch?
xusnflyer96
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which version of the S2 did you get?  The 3G/4G or the Bluetooth?  I know there was talk previously about that the S2 we're getting will be the 3G, so I ask the Manager of a Verizon (Corporate) Store and he said that they (his store) only carry the 4G and Bluetooth models.

Just curious which one you got and very pleased that you finally got your first one.

Ken

0 Likes
mdtrek
Enthusiast - Level 3

I even called prize logic yesterday and I asked them which is it that is it in route or being prepared for delivery.  Big difference either way.  They said it should ship soon but if I don't get a tracking number in a week or my status doesn't change to call them again.   I still don't have a tracking number and my status still says preparing for delivery.  I just want it here now , I am not good at waiting. 

_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

It's the 3G version, I'm just using it in Bluetooth mode.

xusnflyer96
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info _buckeyenut_!!!

That is how I plan to use it and I've been checking FedEx daily (if not more...LOL), as I know you submitted yours prior to when I did, but it was by a week or less and so I hope next week will be when I finally get mine.  Is your second one being delivered today or do you have to wait until Monday?

Happy for you, and though I realize this was a Samsung/Prize Logic promo, and I've always been a big fan of Samsung products, 3 Smart Phones, 2 TV's (55" & 65") one with a DVD Surround Sound System, 3 computer monitors (one is 18 years old and is my workbench 19" monitor and two 27" monitors that are 10+ years old).  This doesn't diminish my confidence in Samsung Products, but I sure question the idiot that set up the promo.

Again, happy for you and hope you enjoy yours!!!

Ken

0 Likes
Tschneider2
Contributor - Level 1

so begins another week of checking every 5 minutes.  Good luck to everyone! If you already have one can you please tell me how its not that cool and I don't really want it anyway?

0 Likes
mdtrek
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just wish it would ship already. My status hasn't changed from it saying Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery.  I have not got any tracking number from FedEx.  Don't understand why people who filled out the form later than I did have already received theirs.  Doesn't make any sense to me.  Nothing to do but wait and watch and watch and wait at this point.  It better be a great watch.  I am still looking forward to getting it when I get it.

0 Likes
hgblues

This is not a scam.  It is, however, incredible incompetence by the management of Verizon.  To have a promotion (verizon promotion) with a partner (samsung) who uses a third party to deliver (prize logic), and not take responsibility for the outcome of the promotion to it's (Verizons) paying customers, is an extremely incompetent and poor management decision.  I still don't have my S2, from my pre order.  Today i spent an hour or so in a chat, explaining to the verizon rep that it was their problem.  Then to be offered a new offer of $100.00 off a purchase (which simply says we lied about the first offer).  Then, to be given a number to Samsung to resolve the issue Verizon wouldn't take responsibility for.  THEN, to be told by the nice rep from Samsung that I actually had to call Prizelogic, who's phones aren't working.  Someone made a policy decision, at Verizon, that this is how they would handle their promotion with Samsung.  That is who is responsible for this debacle.  So, don't hate the reps that are just doing their job.  Go to another carrier.  This will definitely cost Verizon customers over the next 2 years, as soon as these samsung devices are paid for and people are shed of the Verizon ties.  Poor management decision,  embarrassing.....

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Think they pretty much covered their rear by throwing the usual " supplies are limited" disclaimer in the offer.

0 Likes
mdtrek
Enthusiast - Level 3

My status changed today and I have a tracking number. Hope everyone who

has been waiting has their status changed and got a tracking number too

0 Likes
oks10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Daggumit... Went to my fedex page, checked the tracking and there was a package! Open it for details, just a dang grill item I ordered the other day... Didn't know it was shipping FedEx... Back to waiting... lol