Free VR Glasses Promotion Complaint! Frustrated!
MIRELLA81
Enthusiast - Level 1

We went into the Verizon store on 4/14 in Chandler Arizona on Dobson and Elliott to PRE-ORDER the new Samsung Galaxy s8.  Kevin helped us out and when we asked if it was a corporate store he said "No".  We told him we had a lot of problems with non corporate stores but he assured us he would help us out in any way possible.  We stayed and pre-ordered the phone and he told us that the glasses would be free but NEVER told us that we had to pay for the taxes BEFORE 4/21.  We picked up the phone and another associate gave us the info on how to get the free glasses.  We signed up online and sent proof to get the free glasses.  The receipt we got says we bought the phone on 4/21 and Samsung will not accept it.  We contacted Kevin and all he told us to do is to use the "Contact Us" button.  Verizon should train their employees a little better so we don't get mislead and get the correct information and not miss out on promotions.  Looks like we'll be switching carriers now.  Very disappointing!

0 Likes
Re: Free VR Glasses Promotion Complaint! Frustrated!
mama23dogs
Legend

You were told it wasn't a company store.  That means you didnt deal with a Verizon employee.

In order to preorder, the taxes have to be paid up front. 

0 Likes
mcdowelle
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Pre-release Samsung S8+ purchase from the Costco in Clearwater, Florida was promoted as including a Clear Virtual Reality (VR) headset from Samsung.  My attempt to claim this was disapproved by Samsung as not being purchased during the promoted period which ended April 20th.  They apparently used the date on the cash register receipt as the "purchase" date.  The phone wasn't delivered to Costco until the 20th and I picked it up on the 23rd a few hours after I was notified that it was available.

It seems to me that the Costco process precluded meeting the requirements of the Samsung promotion.  Has Costco/Samsung/Verizon implemented something to rectify this situation?

Re: Free VR Glasses Promotion Complaint!  Frustrated!
MIRELLA81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for summarising!

0 Likes
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

Your order through the agent came with a customer receipt (from Verizon), and you should also have received a receipt when you pre-ordered your phone. Samsung wants proof of pre-order, so resubmit with your pre-order receipt or the Verizon paperwork that came with the phone. The agent that you purchased from should be able to provide you with copies if you no longer have them. Samsung WILL NOT make an exception if you do not have proof of pre-order.

I had to do this, and already received confirmation of my order for the VR. I did not pay taxes until I picked up my phone.

0 Likes
LADRNC
Enthusiast - Level 2

My taxes were applied on the day my phone was shipped. I received it on the 19th. I took a picture of original receipt I got when I preordered it at Verizon store and the slip that came in the package with the phone. Samsung approved it and received my gear vr today from fed ex.

0 Likes
Re: Free VR Glasses Promotion Complaint!  Frustrated!
mama23dogs
Legend

Same snafu with 3rd party retailers.  If the tax isn't paid up front, the preorder isn't recorded on the right date.

Once again, the customer has to know how it works and tell the employee so it's done right.

0 Likes
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

It doesn't have anything to do with paying the tax. The dates are what Samsung is checking, not whether or not you paid the sales tax. It's also not a Verizon promotion, it's a Samsung promotion. If it was a Verizon Promotion, you would redeem it at a Verizon website. If the store didn't provide confirmation of the order, then there is an issue with that locations training of employees, or maybe OP said they didn't want a receipt!

Who orders something and doesn't get confirmation of their order? How do you know it was even ordered for sure? How would the pre-order show a different date than the one it was entered on? Computer systems don't work that way. Verizon even records and allows you to see orders placed at agents in you online account. OP, go ahead and go to your online account and click on My Orders, I bet you'll find the correct order date and the shipment date.

I didn't pay sales tax when I ordered mine, and my order confirmation still showed the date I ordered it.

0 Likes
Kemps4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pre-ordered mine at Costco and was not required to pre-pay the tax on the VR gear and wireless headset. My complaint is that when I picked up the phone on 4/21, I was told the promotional items would be shipped to me; one week later I have yet to receive!

0 Likes
samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee

MIRELLA81, we would certainly hate to see you leave our Verizon family. We completely understand where you're coming from. This has been a very exciting promotion and we would love for you to be able to take advantage of this special VR offer. We want to do everything we can to help.

Since you did indeed pre-order the device at the store on April 14, do you have any additional paperwork on the order that was dated at this time? If so, have you been in contact with Samsung to discuss using this for your claim instead of the receipt you were given?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes