Full 5G bars no data
adeslauriers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was driving into work and everything was working fine then suddenly internet went out. I thought it was just the location but now at work and have full 5G bars but no service. I have tried resetting network settings and turning phone on/off. I can text and make phone calls. This is ridiculous to pay so much for service and if it's not resolved today I will be leaving Verizon. I paid half price at another company for the same issue which is why I switched but if I have issues everywhere then I'd rather pay half price!! 

Labels (1)
Re: Full 5G bars no data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure you have the services you need is important. Let's investigate the details. What happens when you try to access your data services? are you receiving an error? What is the Make/Model of your device?  May we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code, so we can accurately pinpoint your location?-Sylvia

0 Likes
Jell_Lee
Enthusiast - Level 1

is this no data issue at all locations or just some (among where you would normally see good connection)?

if it's all location then you may want to check with UBreakIFix for a hardware check or reach out to Samsung Members once you notice the issue again.

Otherwise, it sounds like some of the VZW towers may be having a bad time at the moment. 

If you don't mind, could you share the device model number and the software version the device is on?

0 Likes
TobyD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. It started about a month ago and is affecting all 5 phones on our plan, as well as my work phone, so this is a tower issue, not a phone issue. Phone works fine in other locations. I have wasted over 6 hours so far between online and in store support. We pay way more for Verizon because the coverage has always been good, but our phones are now unusable.

• Zip code 98223, a bit NW of the intersection of Hwy 9 and Hwy 531.
  • My phone is a Galaxy S21 ultra, but we have a variety of phones on the plan and all are having issues. 
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the issues you are having with your service at the mentioned location, Toby. I can understand the frustration and I appreciate your efforts. Are you having these issues inside or outside? Are you getting any error messages?   -Ed

0 Likes
Rebecca316
Enthusiast - Level 1

16FA5533-748E-4FA4-86A5-2F6B4EB941A2.jpeg

I have iPhone 13 pro. When I’m  near Uncle Giuseppe’s in North Babylon, NY I will have 5 bars and 5G but calls fail on me and websites won’t load properly and games on my phone won’t load.  Why am I paying for version and extra for 5G if I have no service near my home?  

suttonj6707
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can VZW just stop acting like this is some isolated incident caused by something on the user end? Every VZW customer I've talked to has had the same reduction in quality of service, starting around the same time last year. Just look at how many people in the support threads have posted this same topic. Look at how many people comment on these topics with the same exact issues all over the country. We've all tried all the troubleshooting and nothing works. VZW has clearly made some decisions over the past year that has had a direct negative impact on connectivity and quality of service. I will be cancelling my VZW service as this is pretty much the worst mobile network in the country now. Furthermore, I will be strongly advocating against VZW service for anyone considering it in the future. Over $100 for a single line that only works in half of the places it used to, half of the time. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

suttonj6707, we are grateful for your loyalty and the last thing we would ever want is for you to leave us. We are consumers as well who depend on reliable service. Please allow us the opportunity to help you. What is the make/model of the phone you use? Do you happen to know the name of the plan you have? 

-Jacob

0 Likes
kenfiguray
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having pretty much the same issue.  Full bars; no data/internet.  My phone is an iPhone XR.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there kenfiguray and thank you for reaching out to us today. We can understand having some concerns about your signal issues but we are here to help. When did the issue begin with your device specifically? Have you completed any recent software updates?

-Candice