Re: Full 5G bars no data
esiew4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip code 55420, but happens all over the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro.  No service at all on phone (S21+), but S10 has full service right next to it.  99% certain it's a 5G issue and would like to disable it on the S21+ to test.  We've tried new SIM, factory reset, network reset and nothing.  Call/texts work over wifi which leads me to believe it's a 5G service issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have a working phone. Let us continue to assist so we can get additional details with the network. Are there other 5G devices with the same issue?

-Mark

0 Likes
esiew4
Enthusiast - Level 2

We only have this one 5G device.  Other device is 4G only.  Based on other threads/Google it is a 5G issue and I want to sort it out/turn it off if possible as a trial.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To assist you properly, we would like to gather more details. What is the current software version on your Galaxy S21+?

~Pam

0 Likes
angryvzwcust
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, just switched last week. full bars but cannot even send a text or call let alone load anything on data. Very frustrating considering in 2 days I will be paying my first bill over 400$ for something that does not even work. I went as far as even buying a new phone directly from Apple but still no change. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to look into your service concerns in depth. To allow us to do so properly, please leave us a Private Note here. We look forward to working with you soon!

*Robert

0 Likes
chdrake2002

I am having the same problem. My data service was fine and now I can bearily get this connection... So shameful... I have been a customer my entire adult life. Somebody has to have some service that works...

0 Likes
shermanandrew24

I'm having the same issue as well. I have 3 to 4 bars of 5g but no data. I have a note 20 ultra 5g and the do more plan. I have the problem at the zip code 33773. I don't have any problems when connected to 4g in the area or when I'm connected to 5g in other areas.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chdrake2002, making sure you receive a consistent connection is important. Let's review. When did this start? Does your service concern happen primarily indoors or outdoors? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have detected an outage for our 5G Network in the ZIP Code that you referenced. Our Network Engineers are on site, actively working to restore services as soon as possible. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

*Robert

0 Likes