GS3 Powering down
gs3user09

The gs3 I've been using has been amazing. Absolutely no issues whatsoever until yesterday when my phone randomly shut off / froze. The screen goes black and the only solution I've found is taking out the battery and restarting it. It's happened two days in a row now.

I performed a factory reset and am going to try and run it stock for a couple days and see if this fixes the issue. Has anyone else had any problems with this?

I just got done with a messed up phone and upgraded to this gs3, would rather not have to get stuck in the refurbished cycle.

0 Likes
GS3 Powering down
kitytkat

yes I too had this happen within less then a month of having my phone.  Had to do the same thing.  After this happen at least 3x I returned the phone.  Have not had a problem with the replacement that I got in October.  I would return it should be under the warranty still.

0 Likes
Re: GS3 Powering down
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello gs3user09,

I’m super happy to see that you are enjoying your Galaxy S III. It is one of my favorite smartphones! It’s super easy to use and the spec are simply amazing! I’m curious to know if you are still having issues with your device shutting off. You stated that were going to run the device in stock mode to see if the shutting off issue has been resolved. If so then congrats! If not then please advise if the issue is still happening then please advise so we can partner together so we can get this resolved for you!

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: GS3 Powering down
gs3user09

So far I have not had any further issues with the phone. I'm wondering if it was a bad application that could have been causing the issue. If there is any information, I'd still like to know. I left a lot of the applications off the phone this time and have been fine.

0 Likes