Galaxy S III - SD card inserted but not recognized by device
Desiree14

This happened just this morning... my SD does not show up in my device.. when I look under my storage, it show Mount SD card/insert SD Card but there is already one in. I can't see any of my pics and I've tried re-inserting it but it still won't show up. Please don't tell me its fried Smiley Sad can this be fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S III - SD card inserted but not recognized by device
bearone21
Legend

card is probably bad & needs to be replaced.

i had the same message a week ago & replaced the 16g card at fry's electronics with a class 10 for $12.99.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Desiree14,

Let's get to the bottom of this! How long has this been going on? Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the phone or SD card? If you insert the SD card to your computer are you able to view the pictures there?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Desiree14

I dropped my phone on the ground the other day and that's when it happened. It was a clean drop, no dirt or water... I opened the back of my phone, took the battery out and the SD card and put both back in but nothing has worked.. Smiley Sad I haven't tried putting it into my computer but I will try on Sunday when I get back home...

Desiree

Private info and email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
pita7763

By any chance did you happen to do a software update right before you experienced this problem? I encountered the same exact problem right after I updated my software to 4.3. And after spending over 1 1/2 hours on the phone with Verizon and Samsung support...nobody could explain why it happened and even more importantly how to fix it (which would restore the pictures of my twins at their graduation...among other things which are both irreplaceable and PRICELESS to me)!?!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try the steps in and see if it works for you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Desiree14,

Thanks for trying this for us. Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes