Galaxy S10+ not receiving calls intermitently
sparky4460
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.  There are some post on Samsung's forum but no solutions.  People are switching to iPhone. 

This problem just showed up after owning my Galaxy S10+ phone for under 2 years.  I never had this problem before.  I spent 5 hours on the phone with two different Verizon Tier 2 reps and they went through all setting on their side and my phone and found no problems.    They say the next step is to do a complete reset of my phone but after reading the Samsung posts I don't think that is going to help.  It is completely intermittent.  I can get a call that comes through and 10 minutes later the next call goes to voice mail.  After that all calls will go to voice mail until I reboot the phone.  Then it works again for a while.  This happens in different areas so it is not an area problem or tower problem.

Samsung Post:

https://us.community.samsung.com/ynzzy74688/board/message?board.id=get-help-phones-galaxy-s-phones&m...

Labels (1)
Re: Galaxy S10+ not receiving calls intermitently
deenj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing has been happening to me.  I can be on my phone reading something on the web or sending a text.  The phone doesn't ring, nothing pops up on the screen to let me know someone is calling, it just beeps after the call is dropped & says "missed call" at the top of the screen.  Or, it can be on my desk with a dark screen & the same thing happens.  Other times, it rings like normal.  I have also had to restart the phone several times and keep checking to make sure my volume is on, which it is.  Happens inside my home and outside in the yard.  Another time my co-worker called me 3 times, she said it went right to vm so she sent me a text.  The phone was right next to me the entire time and it didn't ring or notify me of a missed call.  I'm working from home, so I'm using my phone for work too.  It is very frustrating!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, my! We always want you to receive your calls. Is your device's software up to date? How long has this been going on?

0 Likes
glide-bpm

Just started happening either 1 or 2 updates ago on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus 5G.  Didn't realize it's been for some amount of time on older models.  Out of all the numerous Samsung Verizon phone my wife and I have used it's never happens.  Unless the caller leaves a voice mail it's not even in the recent calls list.  One thread on here had some iPhone users having problems and I believe one was an iPhone X.

I tried the toggling HD video calls and Audio only as well as just HD audio off without rebooting.  Didn't work into I rebooted unless I left them both off.  Rebooted and toggled them on and off and that didn't cause the bug.

Saw somewhere On here it was possibly usually after using navigation.  Tried it once and it didn't break it that time.  Time to pray about it and hope it's something that can be fixed with updates versus the oh so fun backup, wipe the phone process that may not even fix it from the things I've read.  God bless! 

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this identical problem on my Samsung Galaxy 10.  It first happened about a month ago.  After checking all settings and calling my phone from both a land line and non-Samsung phone with no success,  I decided to re-boot my phone.  Once the phone re-booted, I could once again receive incoming calls.  That continued without further incident until today.  I was waiting for a call back from a Dr.  After waiting for over an hour, I went into the office and they said they had been calling me, but no answer.  They then proceeded to call me once again while I stood there with my phone.  My phone did not ring, nor did it show that I had missed ANY calls, even though they had tried 5-6 times to reach me.  When I returned from the doctor I contacted Verizon.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with their Level 2 techs going through all kinds of settings, testing phone calls, rebooting the phone etc.  No success.  While I was still on with Verizon, they called my cell 3 times.  Each time the phone went immediately to voice mail, but my phone didn't ring.  Verizon concluded that it appeared to be a Samsung problem, however, I could factory reset my phone and see if the problem goes away.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work based on what I am seeing with other's attempts.  Shortly after I hung up the phone with Verizon, I received a call which came through successfully, complete with normal ringing.  Help!  This is a really bad issue, as there is no way to know if you have missed calls (important or otherwise) if your phone doesn't ring and calls don't register as "missed calls".

JeffP77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same thing happened with me. About a month ago I realized that I wasn't getting texts that I knew were being sent. A reboot of the phone seemed to have fixed it. Yesterday I installed the latest Android update (6/14/2021) and I haven't been able to use my phone or text at all (including checking voicemail). Mobile internet connection is fine. I too spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon and Samsung trying everything. Luckily, I still had my old S7 that I could put my SIM card into, and that phone works fine with my SIM card. I am trying the factory reset on my S10+ now...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to help you with this. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
Miapjp

Same thing with my note 10+.  Had a voicemail about jury duty I didn't see for over 12 hours. Phone was next to me. Then I tried calling from land line 3 times, no ring, no vibration, nothing  on gear watch, not showing at all. Rebooted and it works. This had happened multiple times with both my and my son's note 10+

0 Likes
KAZAL

I am dealing with this exact problem for 3 months I have tried it all new phone new Sim card resets .. so after 22 years I am saying goodbye to Verizon, they have cost me thousands in jobs and many missed calls, customers Dr's etc ... sad to say but I have had Verizon for so long I even kept them while in the military but it's over this week. Just have to decide Xfinity or T mobile 

0 Likes
KAZAL

How about fixing mine I have had 2 tickets open and 2 phones and 2 Sim cars later I am missing calls and lost 1000s of dollars in customers . Disgrace that I even pay for this ibam finally at my breaking point, wed. I go to xfinity and get the same service for 40 a month vz 82 a Noth I'm done unless somehow this last ticket works in 2 days  bye after 22 years plus 

0 Likes