Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Galaxy S10e won't send MMS while on Wifi
ram1300

I recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S8 to a Galaxy S10e.  I am now unable to send MMS while on Wifi and they are very slow to send while Wifi is off.  I used the native messages app.  During debugging I switched to Verizon's Messages+ app, and experienced the same issue.  Oddly, I am able to received MMS with no delay.  I believe the underlying issue is that data signal is suddenly weak.  This is occuring in my home where I never had a problem with the Galaxy S8.  The S10e was purchased from Amazon as a refurbished phone.  I moved the sim card over myself (voice and text service work fine so I am confident that the sim card is seated correctly and not damaged)  Has anyone else experienced this?  I am getting close to returning the phone and assuming I got a bad unit, but I'm also wondering if Verizon is throttling my data since I moved the sim card on my own and avoided their "Upgrade fee".  That sounds somewhat paranoid, I know.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S10e won't send MMS while on Wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your messages. When was the last time you picked up a new SIM card? 

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
ram1300

My Simcard was new in my Galaxy S8 in April 2017.  Calls, text messages, and incoming MMS have no issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
ram1300, thank you. I can assure you we are not throttling your data due to you opting to purchase a device from a third party. What ZIP code are you located in? Did this immediately start to happen when you switched devices? When your're trying to send a message are you getting an error message?
0 Likes