Galaxy S20 Ultra GPS Issues
ctpalmer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone with the S20 Ultra having GPS issues where no matter what app you're using and what GPS accuracy settings you use the accuracy is intermittent?

Labels (1)
Re: Galaxy S20 Ultra GPS Issues
bpabst

Yes, I am having issues.  The GPS (regardless of the app) is showing me jumping around my home location by a mile at a time.  I never had this issue on the Galaxy S10+.

0 Likes
ctpalmer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found out that this is a defective sim card issue.  I swapped the sim card in the S20 Ultra and put it in my S10 5G.  Now the S20 Ultra works fine but the S10 5G is now having the GPS issue.  Go get a new sim card and see if that works.

0 Likes
ctpalmer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Getting a new sim card is not working either now.  Still having intermittent GPS accuracy. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I personally rely heavily on my GPS. I'm sorry yours isn't working how it should be. You mentioned using multiple apps, can you name the apps you've used? Is it intermittent at all times, or during certain times of day? What exact area? (zip code) 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
adpi01

I am having the same issue on my S20 Ultra. I've tried multiple times on Waze and Google Maps. I've tried to following to resolve:
Reboot Phone
Remove and reinstall the App
Calibrated the compass

I still get the same message on Waze "No GPS. Showing approximate location"
When I open the app it attempts to connect to GPS and then after a few seconds I get the above message.

I am located in zip code 30004. I have had the phone for a week and have not been able to access GPS.

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is vital, especially if you are having issues? When did the issue start? What recent changes have occurred? Any other problems?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
ctpalmer
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been an issue since I first got my S20 Ultra March 5.  There isn't a recent change it is an ongoing issue.  It happens across any navigation app you use.  I've been on the phone trying everything you can possibly, do including resetting the phone 4 times to it's original condition, with tech support.  I've used GPS Status Pro to reset the GPS multiple times.  It's an issue that an end user cannot fix.  It's most likely one of these reasons:

1.  Android 10 software issue.

2.  Software issue on Samsung's/Verizon's.       side.

3.  A bad connection between the GPS               module and antenna inside phone.

4.  Interference from the new 5g modem           Qualcomm uses.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I would exchange the phone before the 14 day takeback expires.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ctpalmer, our goal is to make sure that your devices are working as expected. Were you able to get the new SIM card? Is your S10 5G working now? If not, please send us a private note at your earliest convenience to further assist you. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes