Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,149 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: Galaxy S20 Ultra GPS Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to complete those steps, Tony. We understand if you need to return the devices if they don't work the way you like. We don't want you to go past your worry-free guarantee period and not be able to return them. 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to having this working. Let's work to solve this. Please run a device health check for me. 

1. From a Home screen, tap the My Verizon app.
      Note If not available, tap the Apps icon or swipe up or down from the center of a Home screen to access the app list.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Menu icon (upper-left).
      My Verizon home screen with emphasis on Menu icon
    3. Tap Devices.
      My Verizon menu screen with emphasis on Devices option
    4. Tap Manage to choose the appropriate device.
      Devices screen with emphasis on Manage button
    5. From the Manage tab, tap Service check.
    VanetrisC_VZW
0 Likes
Turkey2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Samsung s20 plus has the same problem.   From searching online it looks like this is a huge problem with many people.  Is there a problem with the towers?   Xfinity told me months ago they piggy back off verizons towers.. If this is true.. Is this the reason the GPS is acting up and not getting a solid location?  To many users....  Or just Samsung released a bugged out GPS phone out the box.  I read something about 2 brands of the s20 phone released.  Snapdragon and exynoc?  And the people with the dragon had the faulty GPS.  Either way Verizon needs to ship all of us a new s20 phone with working GPS.. Way to push out a 1200 dollar paper weight.

0 Likes
ECEngineer

Any fix coming for this?

Still an ongoing issue after the latest update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's definitely worrying to see you're also experiencing issues with the GPS on your device. Please tell us, are you experiencing any other issues with your device? Does it have any signs of physical or water damage?
Please run a Device Health Check on your device. The following link will guide you through this process. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of being able to rely on your GPS and we are dedicated to finding a solutio, ECEngineer. I have submitted the repsonses and details in this thread to our product team for further investigation. I apologize as we do not have details about a future update.   YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Island1

I have had 2 S20 Ultras in 5 days both have had intermittent issues with GPS across all apps. More often not working than working. 

Extremely disappointing lack of acknowledgement by Verizon & samsung.

0 Likes
Sbrpd29

I have the s20 ultra 5g,i am also a truck driver, I use Google maps alot to find driveways and such or where I am vs where I actually need to be, with this issue it's complicating that, I notice that when I open up GM for the first time it calculates my location more accurately but immediately pushes me out about half a mile from where I really am, this looks bad for a 1400 dollar flagship device 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sbrpd29, we know how important it is for all of your device features to work properly. This matter has already been lifted up to Samsung for investigation and a fix as it's impacting North American device models.

EbonyR_VZW

grantsrc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Based on numerous articles online, it looks like the issue is with the phone itself and it isn't just a few isolated users who are experiencing the same problem. My GPS was off on virtually every app that I have which uses GPS (Waze, Google Maps, MapMyRun). I have location turned on, wifi and Bluetooth scanning enabled, was standing out in the open, and all apps had me roughly 0.25 miles away from my actual location or more. 

I just got the S20± 4 days ago and hope there is a fix issued soon.

0 Likes