Re: Galaxy S20 Ultra GPS Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, grantsrc! Congratulations on your new device! We know it is imperative to have your device working properly, and we are here to help. The great news is that the manufacturer is already aware of the issue. Besides the GPS, are you having any other issues with your device?

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
grantsrc
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's the only issue that I've discovered so far, but it's kind of a big issue. GPS has my phone 0.5 miles away from my actual location.

Since the manufacturer is away of the issue, what do we need to do in the meantime? I've had it for a week and am debating whether to return it and switch to a different phone or not. Thanks 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good question. We do not have any info in regard to fixes at this time. We can provide general troubleshooting steps https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting/ in an attempt to improve your experience. Have you tried turning Airplane Mode on and off?  

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lil1116

This is a major issue.  Not only does my GPS work properly, if I have more than two items open on the phone, I have to close everything and start again.

I would hope this is addressed soon.  This issue has gone on for too long and apologizing constantly isn't helpful.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of needing to have your GPS working on the device. Can you please provide me with the City and State that you're located in?  KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Can someone tell me if this GPS issue is still unresolved.  I have an S20+ and ran into GPS problems on a 3 hour trip (each way) yesterday.   Are people still experiencing problems with GPS on Samsung Galaxy S20 phones?   -  -   If so, is there a consensus on how to fix it?  - - Thanks for any info on this!

0 Likes
grantsrc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is fixed. Sadly, I have no idea how it got fixed. Just started working correctly one day. 

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Samsung Customer Support said this type of problem will normally get fixed with a patch/update.  I just got my Update #6 yesterday...  I don't know if this update resolves the problem.

I also heard of someone turning off their 5g;  I tried this step as 5g doesn't really exist in my area, so no big deal turning it off.   - - Hopefully one of these things fixes the GPS problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, DMathews1. Help is here! We want to make sure you are able to use your GPS. To clarify, what issues are you having with it? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Courtney-

Thanks for your reply.  I seem to be having the exact same problem with my GPS on my Samsung Galaxy S20+ that others have mentioned above in this thread.   Sometimes when my location is "on" (which it normally is 100% of the time) and using my Waze app, the app will say "No GPS Signal".... "estimating location";  and other times the map seems to freeze up or put me in the wrong location on the map.  I never, ever had this problem with my Samsung Galaxy S8+.  

0 Likes