Re: Galaxy S20 Ultra GPS Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

epyoch If your like me, I depend on my GPS. Have you checked to make sure you have roaming turned on? Does this happen at a specific location?DoloresK_VZW

carpediem6615
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google Maps, Avenza Maps, Earth, Life360, GPS Status and Toolbox... I cannot find an app I have used before that will actually work.

carpediem6615
Enthusiast - Level 2

and zip code is 86409

carpediem6615
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the problem since I powered up the S20 Ultra. It is consistently intermittent. I have calibrated the compass, cleared the cache and storage for each app, updated each app, restarted the phone several times. I am at a loss on how to get the GPS to work on the S20 Ultra.

carpediem6615
Enthusiast - Level 2

My screen rotation function has worked fine the whole time. Just can't get the GPS to work consistently for any app. All apps have been loaded with current versions, cache cleared, storage cleared, rebooted. Can't figure it out.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help. What issues are you having specifically with your device GPS? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
epyoch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Happens randomly, sometimes its fine, when I plug it into my Kenwood android auto device its fine, but I can be at one location with nothing plugged and its good...then 30 seconds later it shoots me 600 - 1000 meters north and locks me there. When I plug into android auto it pops me back but the device itself thinks its 600 meters off. So when I unplug it it shoots right back.

0 Likes
Bobafan

I'm also having this issue and have been since I received my phone a couple weeks ago. I was working for about a week then went bad again today. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tonylogan, please use the link attached to ensure you have your GPS setting set to a high accuracy.  http://spr.ly/66021sVtG

Please also use the link attached for how to Reset Network Settings on your phone. http://spr.ly/66031sVtH

Keep us posted on any changes.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
epyoch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I reset network settings on my phone.

I changed location settings. 

If wifi off bluetooth on 600 meters off

If Bluetooth off wifi on 600 meters off

If Bluetooth off and wifi off 1000 meters off.

Any fix for this?

0 Likes