Galaxy S21 Ultra Chrome wont sync BOOKMARKS
mrteecup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything on my google account syncs to my phone EXCEPT my bookmarks.

I've turned off sync and turned it back on. I've selected only sync bookmarks. I've selected sync everything. I've logged off and on. I've powered off and on. Numerous sessions with Verizon help desk and their tier 2 desk. Nothing has worked so far.

All of my other google information updates... browsing history, autofill, etc. One possible clue... when I look at the bookmarks on my laptop, and I scroll down to "mobile bookmarks" it still shows the mobile bookmarks from my old phone. When I bookmark something new on my phone it only bookmarks it on my phone as a mobile bookmark (aka I won't see it on my desktop browser as a new bookmark).

Please help! Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Chrome wont sync BOOKMARKS
mrteecup
Enthusiast - Level 2

P.S. If you are a Verizon, Samsung, or Google tech... the Verizon tier 2 tech who was trying to help me couldn't find an answer or a known issue so he posted it on your internal board today (9/15/21) to get help. Please go there and read his post so it gets the 20 clicks or whatever it needs to move forward. Thanks.

0 Likes
mrteecup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because you can't uninstall Chrome from an android I also tried disabling it and removing all updates, then re-enabling it and re-installing all updates hoping that would get my bookmarks to show up. Nope. There doesn't seem to be a way to IMPORT bookmarks either (I assume because syncing should work). Does someone have a work-around or a solution? Help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today. To clarify, is there possibly a software update available for your device?*Estevan

0 Likes
mrteecup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have run all updates

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrteecup, it's sounds like you've done everything that would be recommended by Google in the instance of getting that information to sync. Since we have submitted a device issues report for your IMEI via our product forms, then we will need to see what Samsung recommends as perhaps a new update or extension may be needed to get that sync of your bookmarks working properly. 

mrteecup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like I need to switch carriers if no solution is available. I've followed every online suggestion and talked with several tech support people without success. 

0 Likes
mrteecup
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will Samsung reply?

0 Likes
mrteecup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no solution from Samsung or Verizon. Anyone?

0 Likes
mrteecup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone?

0 Likes