Galaxy S22 mobile data on wifi
trob0406
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received a security and software update on 8/16/22. After the update, it now turns off network data when connected to any WIFI. Once I disconnect it will start working over mobile data again. This was NOT the way it was previously. And for good reason, now when I connect to a wireless network that I am just out of range from, or a network that is not connected to the internet, I don't get a data connected. Even trying to force network data to stay active in the advanced options and developer options does not work. 

This is unacceptable to push out a buggy software and then not notify customers there is a glitch. This needs to be investigated and a solution needs to be provided. I didn't pay thousands on a phone that I cannot use because of inferior software from Verizon. I also checked with a few other people and their phones now do it too. So I know I am not an isolated case. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S22 mobile data on wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trob0406, we always want to ensure your device is working properly. Just to clarify, when your phone is on Wi-Fi, the actual cellular data is turned off automatically in Settings? Do you have to manually turn it back on when you are not connected to Wi-Fi?  Please fill us in further. 

-Christine

0 Likes
trob0406
Enthusiast - Level 2

The mobile data is "turned on" but the 4g or 5g symbol is no longer illuminated next to the strength bars. I have tried to toggle, restart the phone, even reset network settings and still nothing. There is somewhere in the new software that is causing network data to become inoperable when connected to a wireless network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We definitely want to ensure you get your data connection reconnected. Does this issue occur everywhere you go? Where are you currently located? ~Christian

0 Likes
trob0406
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the issue occurs everywhere. All the time. I have tried resetting and making setting changes but nothing changes. It never works. I am located in Columbus Georgia 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! Help is here and I would like to start some troubleshooting to assist you with your S22. Let's start by resetting the Network Settings. Have you tried placing the device in Safe Mode? http://spr.ly/6600MHKy4

-Carter

0 Likes
trob0406
Enthusiast - Level 2

Safe mode made no difference. It still is not working. I also tried resetting network settings over the weekend and it made no difference as well. 

0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

trob0406,

If you are using a Samsung Galaxy S22, please inform me how you were even able to try and change your network settings.

Thanking you in advance. 

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

This is for Carter from Verizon Customer Support, please explain to me how you are the one here to help and start of by suggesting changing "Network Settings?" Please explain how to change network settings on a Samsung Galaxy S22, S22+, and/or even S22 Ultra?? 

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to learn that you are still having the trouble. This has not be reported as a known issue of the device. Do you have the inforamation backed up on the phone?

-Tionna

0 Likes