Galaxy S3 Antenna - Last 2 months - Weak Signal - What to Do?
chi1ddd

Hello,

My Samsung S3 now only gets none to 2 bars of signal strength in my home neighborhood in the last few months.  I was told that a tower was switched out but I don't know if that was related or not.  I can now no longer talk with out the voice fading in or out.  Even text messages aren't able to be sent at times.  If they do go, they "spool" for minutes and either go or say not sent. 

I have called Verizon numerous times regarding this.  I think it is a combination of low signal in my area and the phone.  My wife has an Iphone 5 and she doesn't have the problems although she gets 1 to 3 bars normally.  I have talked with Verizon and they replaced the phone but that has not done anything.

I have only had the phone for 6 months.  It was OK the first 4 with problems only now and then.  But now, I can't hold normal conversations anywhere around my home, inside or outside.  As soon as I get in the car and drive to the main road, I get all the bars and the phone works fine.

Help!

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 Antenna - Last 2 months - Weak Signal - What to Do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chi1ddd, thanks for reaching out to us again and allowing up the opportunity to resolve this issue for you. I'm sorry to hear that your issues haven't been resolved after several phone calls to our Customer Service Department. Service can be tricky indoors. However, as long as you have a minimum of two wireless bars, you should be able to send/recieve text messages and place phone calls. I recommend that you power your device off and briefly remove the sim card. This is a soft reset. Keep us posted. We're here to help if the issue persists.

Lasina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 Antenna - Last 2 months - Weak Signal - What to Do?
U_Kidding
Enthusiast - Level 2

Read somewhere that Google Play App "Network Signal Refresher Lite" will help. Loaded and it seems to have boosted bar by 1 for me.

Description

Refresh network signal in one click!!

IMPORTANT: NETWORK SIGNAL CANNOT BE BOOSTED, ONLY RECOVERED/REFRESHED.
THIS APP TRIES TO SET YOUR DEVICE WITH BEST POSSIBLE CONNECTION IN YOUR AREA BY REFRESHING THE SIGNAL CONNECTION. i.e. AFTER USING THIS APP, YOUR NETWORK SIGNAL CAN GET INCREASED IN STRENGTH (BY SETTING THE BEST NETWORK SIGNAL), OR STAY CONSTANT(IF THERE IS NO BETTER NETWORK SIGNAL).

[[Works perfectly for CDMA technology. GSM may not always work.]]

0 Likes